Beginnings (Chapter Thirteen)

"Seriously Arden? What the hell is going on with you?"

Thalia paced her room with one hand wrapped tightly around the phone which was put up to her ear. Arden had been confusing her greatly lately, as well as making her angry.

First of all he was going away for the entire summer- to the UK. Thalia could've even start explaining how badly that would suck, since he had probably Thalia's only friend at the moment- seeing that Jill had started ignoring her texts, calls, and wouldn't even come to the door when she stopped by.

It reminded her so much of what Chad had done- and that just broke her heart all over again.

But she decided to stay strong, and was hoping to have at least one friend during it. But no, Arden was off visiting family.

And just before he left Arden had been acting to secretive for comfort. First he'd ask her these weird questions about what she did and didn't know about many things. Then she found him snooping through her phone, and he didn't have an answer to why. 

But the most weird thing was how he was acting.

He was treating her as if she was dying, as if she was suddenly a delicate and easily broken flower.

It annoyed the hell out of Thalia, but before she could weasel any answers out of him- he up and left.

Even just now he was acting as if he knew some dark secret that was about to be revealed.

"Just, relax Thalia- OK? And be careful around the people out there, that want to hurt you. In fact, just stay indoors. I actually spoke to Zayn today-" 

Just the sound of his name made Thalia become more fixated, and brighter her mood considerably.

"-I should not be telling you this;  but I am sure he has something in store for you. Just do not ruin it by going out. He wants to share it with you by himself."

Arden was still being fishy, but Thalia finally agreed- calling him a complete creep before hanging up on him.

"What is he doing?" Thalia grumbled to himself as she threw the phone onto her bed- glaring at it as if it was the ever so stubborn Arden before marching out of her room and down the stairs to the dining room.

"Thalia. Glad you could join us for breakfast." Her mother sniffed from one head of the table, her father giving a friendlier smile from the other head.

"Morning horseshit."

Narrowing her eyes at her sister, she raised an eyebrow at how happy her sister did look. Her smug smirk reminded Thalia of a child that was trying his/her hardest to keep a good secret.

"Good-morning Brenda." Thalia answered in a monotone voice, sitting stiffly in her average spot across from her sister. 

Silently Thalia started picking at the breakfast sitting in front of her- only picking at her pancakes and bacon. But she sure did finish her coffee, almost guzzling it as her sister's pompous glances made her more and more nervous.

"Well, I'm going to go for a quick walk before I- I'm not exactly sure what I'll do today, but I'll make sure to inform you mother."

It sounded rehearsed, an annoyed tone leaking into her voice. Noticing she had let that slip she quickly left the room before anyone could question her- ducking outside after noticing it was raining slightly and grabbing a rain slicker.

Holding the bright red rain slicker tightly around her, Thalia jogged out into the rain. Soon enough her rain was dripping in from around her hood, and she was blinking water out of her eyes as she reached the mailbox.