Chapter 1

All rights belong to Rick Riordan and original author.

They had been falling into the Pit for hours after their encounter with Arachne. Percy didn't regret his decision to fall with Annabeth at all. The same could not be said for Annabeth. As they were falling, Annabeth was sobbing. So Percy tried to help.

"Hey don't cry Wise Girl. I am so sorry I got us into this but I promise I will get us out"

Annabeth knew what Percy was trying to do, and as Annabeth Chase, she loved him for it. But as a daughter of Athena she was outraged.

"What were you thinking Seaweed Brain? Now you are going to Tartarus! You were the gods' best chance at saving the world and you know it! None of the other five matched your power; they have no chance without you! And don't even think of taking the blame for me falling I won't let you" she yelled through tears

"You know there is no way I would let you go like that! My flaw would not allow it. But I will find a way out of this."

Annabeth sighed, "I know you will Percy. But I won't. You are the one with the luck not me. So as much as it may hurt, when we reach the bottom I will be gone."

Percy's face turned to anger as the wind rushed through his wild hair. "Don't you dare talk like that Wise Girl I won't-!"

"Just shut up and think for a minute Percy! We are falling into Tartarus the deadliest place in all of known creation! There is no way I am going to survive... because I don't need to." Annabeth's voice softened at the end.

Percy was beyond confused, "What do you mean you don't need to!" he asked incredulously, "You need to survive Annabeth you are part of the prophecy just as much as me. I need you to survive!" He nearly screamed.

"No Percy you just want me to and I love you for it. But it is too late. My part of the prophecy as been played I knew I was in danger the moment I found the statue. The Fates don't need me anymore. "

"To hell with the Fates Annabeth! I do need you. And I want you. Because I love you."

Annabeth started to cry. "For now can you just... hold me?" she said trying to hold back her tears.

Percy reached out to her and pulled her into a tight embrace. Annabeth began to cry into her boyfriends' arms, never wanting to leave them.

"Percy... promise me if I die you will move on."

Percy put his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes as they fell. "I won't have to Wise Girl"

"Just promise. Swear on the Styx you won't keep yourself from happiness because of me."

Percy sighed and nodded. He swore the oath and pulled her close again. Praying to the gods that he would never have to let her go.

As hours passed they began to reminisce about their past adventures. They thought back to their adventure in the tunnel of love ride during their first quest together with hardy chuckles. Back then neither of them knew what their destiny together would be.

They then thought of Tyson. Their adventure with him would always be remembered.

"You were a really cute guinea pig by the way"

"Is that so?" Percy chuckled as they continued to plummet.

"How else do you think I figured it out? Only you could make such a cute rodent." She said with a laugh.

Percy snickered "Oh really! Well it's hardly surprising. And might I also mention you looked quite good as a clown with all the makeup they put on you."