CHAPTER 20

July: I havnt talked to jack in a week and it has been killing me. i havnt spoke to anyone in that week. my days have consisted on watching a bunch of 80's romance movies on netflix. the only times i have left my room were to use the bathroom or grab food. a pile of dirty plates and bowls has developed on my night stand, but i dont care to bring them downstairs to the kitchen. andrew and jack dont talk anymore, but sometimes johnson is over. like right now. i can tell johnson is at my house becuase his little green car is parked out in my driveway which i can see from my window. johnson and jack are like brothers so he probably knows how he is doing. i would usually just text jack, but i dont have the guts to, considering my dad was being such a jerk to him. i hate how over protective my dad and andrew are, dont they know that i am my own person too? i really miss jack, i need to know how he is doing. im laying in my bed looking at the ceiling just wondering what jack could be doing right now. im wearing jacks hoodie that he left at my house awhile ago, it still has his smell on it. i decide that maybe i should talk to johnson. i pull the blankets off of me, im finally about to make human contact. i walk up to my door and exit my room. i knock on andrews door than suddenly hear silence creep upon his room.

"Who is it!?"

andrew yells from the other side of his door. i start to have second thoughts, maybe i dont want to know how jacks doing. maybe jack has found a new girl who is prettier and smarter and her dad isnt an asshole. but i must know. i stand still for a little bit than respond.

"its, um, kennedi"

my voice is shaky from being nervous and, that havent talked in a few days.

"what do you want!?"

andrew commands.

"can i um, can i speak to johnson for a minute"

the noise in the room has completely vanished and it makes me shiver. suddenly the door opens and johnson walks out. he shuts the door behind him so andrew cant hear us talking. an awkward silence occurs and i breathe in heavily.

"hows jack?"

i say to johnson. johnson looks down at his feet as if he knew i was going to ast this question.

"he's um, good i guess, by good i mean he wont leave his bed and hasnt showered in like 4 days"

i sudden urge of sadnees overtakes me. i close my eyes in a long blink.

"i need to talk to him."

i say to johnson. he just looks at me. i get this boost of energy.

"thanks johnson, oh and dont tell andrew where im going!"

-me

"dont plan on it..."

-johnson

i run downstairs still wearing my pajama shorts and jacks hoodie. i slip on my black converse.

"where are you goi-"

my mom says. i leave the house before she gets to finish her sentence. i start sprinting down my street. i check both sides of the rode than take a right. i keep running and dont stop. im out of breath but i really dont care, i just keep going. i find myself stopping at the end of jacks driveway. i look up at his house and take in deep breaths of air. i run up to his door and knock several times before someone answers. it was his mom. i run past her and throw my shoes off in the entry of their house. she seems shocked at my actions but i didnt care. i run upstairs to jacks room and stop at his doorway. he doesnt seem to notice me, as he is zoned out looking up at his ceiling. i walk up to the edge of jacks bed.

"hi."

i say in a quiet voice. jacks head pops up in suprise.

"kennedi!"

jack yells. i run up to his bed and lay on him in a hug. i just sit thers finally in his arms again.

"what are you doing here!?"

jack says to me. i smile up at him because he just puts me in a good mood.

"the same reason why the sky is blue and why birds chirp, they were made to be that way, just like we were made to be together."

i respond. jack pulls me in closer to his chest. i honestly couldnt care less what my family says about me and jack. we are supposed to be together.

"you're a mess of gorgouse chaos. i can see it in your eyes. this is making you crazy. us, together is making you stressed."

-jack

"no, they are making me crazy. we belong and they dont want to see us succeed in our relationship."

i say to jack. he nods in agreement and i just lay there and start laughing. jack looks at me in a grin.

"what are you laughing about?!"

jack asks as he also is laughing.

"johnson was right, you really havnt taken a shower in like 4 days!"

i say while giggling.

"is it really that bad?"

jack asks in a consirned tone. i look up at him and than pull on the collar of his shirt to motion for him to get up.

"yeah, go take a shower, but if you want i can probably join..."

i say while biting my lip. jack smiles a huge smile and scoops me into his arms bridal style. he carries me into the bathroom that is inside of his bedroom. he places me on his bathroom counter we quickly get undressed to get in the shower. i cant stop giggling. jack makes me so happy, and even though my family doesnt agree im still going to love him.