Between the Lies

Warning: Abuse

Prompts:  "Camila's in an abusive relationship and Lauren witnesses it happening or the aftermath of it and takes care of her. (They secretly love each other.)" – Anon. || "Can you do a prompt where Lauren and Camila are best friends and Lauren is in love with her but Camila's in an abusive relationship with some guy and they're all at a party and Lauren sees him trying to force himself on Camila and she says no and he like hits her or something." – Anon.

  Camila didn't usually go to parties, which is why I was so happy that she'd decided to come with me to the Spring break party that my friend Vero was throwing. I didn't bother dressing up. The only person I wanted to impress was Camila and she was already going to be there with me, so there wasn't much of a point. I just did my make-up and put on my leather jacket over my blue and white patterned crop top. I wore tight black shorts and black Converse. I looked nice, but edgy. Because, well, I knew Camila liked it when I dressed like that. 

Camila was going to the party with her dumbass boyfriend Austin. He was over the moon that his little pet would finally actually do something with him instead of spending all her time in, with me. But little did he know, it would only be another night of Camila paying full attention to me, and ignoring his pathetic little ass. I got the party an hour earlier than Camila was expecting me, so I didn't seem rude for ignoring Vero and other acquaintances at the party. For 7pm, the party was already blaring. The music was insanely loud it was almost hard to hear, and there were already drunk losers everywhere. But this was a perfect opportunity to get Camila a little drunk. Or maybe so drunk that I'd be able to admit my dumb feelings to her without her remembering it the next day. Either one was fine with me. 

I said hello to Vero and a few of her friends and made myself at home, getting a few bottles of drink from the kitchen before they were all taken by greedy, horny guys wanted to smash a few and fuck their girlfriends until they fell asleep on top of them. I stood outside for half an hour with the alcohol in my bag, lighting myself a cigarette in the meantime. I definitely didn't want Camila thinking I'd started having fun without her. I sat on the edge of the porch as I waited, closing my eyes and resting my head against the post as I finished my cigarette, relaxing completely. 

When I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and a pair of soft lips pressing against my face, I knew my best friend had arrived. She squeezed me tightly and nuzzled my face, and I giggled uncontrollably, "Camila, be careful, I might burn you," I said, throwing the butt in the dirt and stamping the last few sparks out with my sneaker, "I saved you a few drinks to begin with. Raspberry, since it's the nicest and has the best aftertaste out of all the options, here," I reached into my bag and handed her the bottle. 

It wasn't like she hadn't gotten drunk before. She had, once. The last party Camila and I were at, ended up being a mass game of truth or dare. And once Mari had asked Camila who she fancied, Camila ended up throwing herself on me. We made out for like half an hour, in front of everyone and everything. Camila ended up whining because they skipped her turn. When Mari had said, "You seemed busy," Camila just pretended that she thought it was a dare to kiss me. Which is obviously wasn't. I wasn't even that drunk. I was still able to remember it as clear as day. And maybe that's why was always trying to get Camila drunk again. In hopes she did something like that again. 

"Camila get up. We're gonna go hang out with Justin and his friends," Austin said as he walked up the stairs of the porch, locking his ridiculously expensive car as he did so, "Oh. It's you. Of course it's you," he rolled his eyes. 

"Hey! I didn't know she was gonna be here, actually," Camila said, crossing her arms over her chest, "Maybe if you stopped being so full of yourself, you'd understand that I'm allowed to have other friends, and to hang out with people besides you. Maybe if you asked to hang out with Lauren and I, we'd let you! Right Lauren?"