Get Your Party On

Prompt: drunk camren. camila's first time at a party.

The music at the party was so insanely loud that Lauren could barely even hear herself think. She could have sworn the bass was actually vibrating her brain. She was only a little bit tipsy because she knew that she'd have to be the responsible one and take care of Camila for the night. But that was the problem. Camila was nowhere to be seen, and Lauren's anxiety and guilt was almost painful as the heels she wore that were causing blisters on the back of her feet, (another reason she really wanted to get home).

Lauren paid close attention to the crowd around her. Her heels only gave her a few inches advantage, but compared to the other boys and girls at the party, that was nothing. She tried to stand on her toes in her heels to see over the people surrounding her, but it didn't help a single bit. She still couldn't search the crowd properly for the short girl with a large white bow in her hair. She turned herself around in circles and searched one end of the room to the next. She spotted the stairs through the corner of her eye, and though the upstairs area was banned, she headed for the stairs.

From the top of the stairs she still couldn't see Camila in the crowd of people below. Her chest felt tight and she was fighting back tears at the thought of something bad happening to her little Camila. She was blaming herself entirely, because she was left in charge of the energetic, naive girl. She rested her hands on the bannister and sighed angrily.

She was almost knocked to the ground as a giggly, drunk, Camila threw her arms around Lauren's neck. Lauren's heart stopped and her eyes widened, not realizing it was her best friend until the last minute, "Jesus fucking christ, Camila! You scared the hell out of me," Lauren said, "Seriously. I don't know anybody else here, I thought you were a creep."

"Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauren," Camila giggled, twirling Lauren's hair on her finger, "Lauren I'm not a creep, I'm your best friend. I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"I've been looking for you," Lauren said, slowly wrapping her arms around Camila's waist, "Seriously though, Camz. You seriously, shouldn't run away from me when you're so drunk. I don't want anything bad happening to you."

"I'm not even drunk! I can't remember how many drinks I had," she laughed, leaning her forehead on Lauren's shoulder, "Nothing bad will ever happen to me because I have you, Lauren. Lauren will always take care of meeeee."

Lauren smiled weakly and kissed the top of Camila's head, "Yeah. Lauren'll take care of ya, Camz. What do you say, are you ready to go home now?" She asked, lifting Camila's head up to look her in the eye, "You look pretty tired, sweetie."

Camila gave Lauren a quick peck on the lips, causing Lauren's heart to stop even moreso than before. Lauren stared at the smiling, giggly girl, that was in front of her, a straight look on her face. But she couldn't help giving her a slight smile as she leaned in and gave her a proper kiss; something that she'd wanted to do for a very long time. But something in her mind hoped Camila wouldn't remember a single thing about it.

"C'mon, baby," Lauren said, supporting Camila so she wouldn't trip as they made their way downstairs.

"I love you Lauren, you know that?"