Chapter 13

•Harpers P.O.V.•
I could hear the hurt in her voice and see it in her eyes. She was about to cry but she pushed it back down. I look at her mother and saw the tears in her eyes and could see that her father was hurt as well, they hate seeing Alex that way too.

"Alpha, Luna if it's alright with you two, I would like to stay the night with her tonight. I don't think she should be alone right now" they both looked at me then at each other, I could tell they were talking about it through their link then her mother turned my way "Yes, you may....I will get Ash to give you a pare of his clothes to sleep in but for now, just go find her and talk to her please, she needs to meet them" I gave her a nod and walked out of the room.

I walk back into the living area and see that everyone has left the room except Damon and Tristan. I look at them both and they point to the patio and I see her shoes. I take my shoes off and walk down the beach and see her standing in the water, she wasn't to deep in, just up to the bottom of her calf muscles. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. "I don't want to meet with them Harper" her voice sounded so broken.

"I get that your scared but I really think you should. You have no idea how much they regret not coming for you sooner"

"Why didn't they?"

"That is something I can't answer"

"Why not!" She said turning around pushing away from me with so much hurt and anger. Her eyes turned dark gray. "They want to give you that answer Alex and plus I don't know why" I saw a tear fall down her face, I walk up to her and wipe the tear away with my thumb.

"Alex, your mother wants you to meet them, please do this for her" she didn't say anything. She just turned back around and looked at the ocean.

I grabbed her by the waist and wrapped my arms around her, "It's going to be okay"

"How do you know?"

"Because your strong" she turned around and warped her arms around my neck and looked into my eyes. In that moment it felt like we were communicating without words, it felt like we knew what we were thinking and feeling. It's not much of a feeling but rather a knowing. It's like we knew we would never be alone.

I leaned down and kissed her, she met me back with the same passion and love I gave to her. She then rested her head on my chest and started to hum. It got quieter and quieter and I knew she was falling asleep. "Come on love, let's get you to bed". I picked her up bridal style and carried her into the house and to her room.

Laid her down on the bed and walked into her closet and got her a big t-shirt to sleep in. I walk out and heard a knock at the door. I open it and see Ash there with some clothes, he peaks over my shoulder and sees her asleep on the bed. "How is she?"

"She's ok, just tired"

"My mom said you would need some clothes to sleep in for tonight so here you go"