Chapter 15

•Alex P.O.V.•
I just lay there in the bed next to Harper looking out my window. I woke up about an hour ago when the fever finally broke, I've just been sitting here looking out the window and at Harper. No matter how much I moved away from him he would find a way to be right up under me again. I look over onto my desk and at the clock and it's almost 6:45 am.

I look down at Harper and he's still sleeping, I wiggle my way out of his arms and walked into the bathroom to pee. Then I went into my closet and put on a black bikini with black shorts and a dress to walk around the house in until I get outside.

Once I finished I walked out, grabbed my phone and headphones then looked at Harper and he's still asleep

I quickly and quietly walked out of my room
and shut the door then walked downstairs and to the kitchen.

I walk to the fridge and grabbed a bowl of watermelon then sat down at the counter and ate while I listened to music.

After I ate, I washed out my bowl and went outside to the shed and grabbed my board then headed to the water. Once I was out there the water was calm and soothing so I just sat there and listened and looked out to see if there was any waves forming.

** 1 hour later **

I sit at the shore and listen to the waves crash against the land and watch as the sun rises. While I was out surfing, I thought a lot on the last two days but still didn't come to terms with it. Suddenly I feel someone put a towel over my arms, I look up and it's Ash.

I stand up and fix the towel around me then look up at him. He smiles then pulls me in for a hug. "How are you?" He asks with his deep morning voice. I pull back from him far enough that just his arm was around my shoulders and we both were looking at the water, "I'm ok, just can't seem to warp everything around my head, I've tried everything to make myself understand this but I just can't" he stays silent for a moment then he speaks. "I think I know what you need" I look up at him with curiosity in my eyes, "Whats that?"

"A tattoo, everyone old enough in this house has tattoos but you. I think you need one that reminds you of us. You know how all the boys have a tribal birthmark on our arms that tells the story of our lineage? You need a tribal tattoo that reminds you of us and tells your story"

 You know how all the boys have a tribal birthmark on our arms that tells the story of our lineage? You need a tribal tattoo that reminds you of us and tells your story"