Chapter Nineteen

Comment, vote, and become a fan!
Hashtag #STCNBR. Tweet me @heyitsellaaa :)

Chapter Nineteen

My head was finally clear about the Nash and Rain thing; I was able to concentrate more on studying instead of worrying about our relationship.

Even though Rain changed her profile picture on Facebook to a picture of Nash and her, I didn’t mind. It was a clear sign she hasn’t moved on from their past relationship. I just laughed at her desperateness on getting back with Nash. It has been seven months (not that I’ve been counting) since she ended everything with him for no good reason. Jenny said Rain made Nash choose between me (since we became close friends a few months after they were officially a couple) and her, and Nash didn’t want to choose, after all, he didn’t want our friendship to end and he didn’t want to lose Rain. Rain ended it and Nash came running to me and I accepted him with arms wide open. The day they broke up was a momentous day for me. Why? It was my first kiss… and it was with Nash!

It was the night before the last day of finals and the girls were talking about the Christmas Charity Ball our school held three days after finals, which was a Saturday. All the money earned will proceed to charities all over town. It was for a good cause, and I was not going.

“WHAT?” The Crew said simultaneously. It was no surprise that they were shock. I, Sadie, love social gatherings, parties, or anything that involves dressing up, wasn’t going to the ball.

“Lazy.” I lied, but the truth? Nash hasn’t asked me… yet.

Emma immediately knew I was lying.  “Just because Nash didn’t ask you didn’t mean you don’t have to go.”

I didn’t response.

“Sadie, I know everything’s fine with you and my brother but you have to keep in mind that you guys are in a relationship, not some couple who’s in a ‘I don’t really know if we’re a couple’ phase.” Jenny reprimanded me.

“And Sadie, it’s the twenty-first century! Ask him!” Nadine said.

“Or we could all go solo,” Mon suggested. “I mean, there’s nothing wrong with that.”

I could imagine all our faces lit up since all of us started squealing –slash – agreeing with her.

“I know I’m brilliant!” Mon said and I just rolled my eyes

My phone beeped and I looked at it, Nash was calling. “Hey, gotta go! Nash is on the other line.” I said and ended the call. I answered his call and when I heard his voice, my heard melted. I haven’t seen or talked to him since Monday morning because we were both busy with studies. Thank God our exams were only for three days.

“Hi babe,” He greeted.

“Sorry if I kept you waiting, I was on the other line with the girls.” I apologized.

“No need, babe,” he said. “Wanna go out tomorrow, after class?”

“I was planning on Christmas shopping.” I slowly said.

“I’ll come with you.” He said quickly.

I grinned. “Are you serious?”

“Of course I will! I’m your boyfriend, and I like to spend my time with you.” He said.

“Fine, but that’s your choice!” I immediately remembered what Jenny told me earlier. “Hey babe, I’m going to the Christmas Charity Ball… alone.”