Chapter Four

To Sophia, who is so eager to read this chapter.

To Nadine, Erika, Sharmaine, Lira, and Mattie. Here's a long one. Its six pages in Word so let's just hope it's enough.

Here we gooo!

PS. Jayra, Andrew, and Agnes, when I was "proof-reading" this, I laughed at the Nilo part and remembered one of you guys acting it out! 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and become a fan!!!!!!!!!

Hashtag #STCNBR. Tweet me @heyitsellaaa :)

Chapter Four

After Nash’s weird exit, his friends asked Jenny if he was mad at Thomas.

“Not that I know of,” Jenny said. “He never mentioned his name.”

They sighed and continued eating.

“Okay well, it’s time to plan Sadie’s Sweet Sixteenth party!” Jenny exclaimed and everyone started chattering away.

“Right, two weeks, and I still don’t have a plan.” I said.

“Well let’s start now!” Nadine said. Being the perfectionist amongst us, she already assigned us what to do.

The location would be held at my backyard. The theme would be “Barbie Meets World”. The girls had tasks to be done by the end of the week and I wasn’t excited about anything.

“Second party of the year is going to be –“ Emma was cut off by the bell. “Damn it.”

We all laughed and went to our next class.

It was the last period of the day and it was History. I was happy to have Mr. Reynolds but he was the most boring History teacher ever. For the whole semester, all he asked us was to watch History movies while he slept throughout the movie and make a movie review plus reflection paper about it and that was our test. No one failed History because of him. At least I was learning something.

This time, we were watching some kind of Egyptian history. I was already jotting down keywords that I would have to research on later. Between the laughter and Mr. Reynolds’ snore, my phone vibrated. It was a text message from Nash.

Nash: I heard you have a date for the dance.

Sadie: Yes. How about you?

Nash: Just asked her through text.

Sadie: WHO???????????

Nash: Secret.

Sadie: L

Nash: You’ll find out soon.

Sadie: K.

Nash: Later! Mrs. Humphrey’s getting suspicious.

Sadie: LOL.

Nash: Miss you!

My heart sank.

Sadie: Oh really?

Nash: Yes! Want proof?

Sadie: YES.

Nash: You and me at Starbucks after class. You need to tell me about Thomas anyways.

Sadie: You sounded like a girl right there, but sure! See you. Mrs. H might get your phone. Don’t bail.

Nash: I won’t. Seriously miss you.