Chapter Six:

Just a small update while I have some spare time. Sorry it's not very long!

______________________________

It had been a week since the encounter at the club and the perv hasn't shown his face around here since, luckily. I had explained what had happened to Sarah and I had to prevent her from going to find him and cutting his bollocks off.

I was at at the kitchen table helping Imogen with her jigsaw puzzle that Kimberley had gotten her as a gift two days ago. She had gotten out ten minutes ago, already doing rather well by herself I was still helping her when she couldn't find the correct piece or where to put it.

"Hang on a minute baby" I told Imogen when I heard my phone ring from the other room. I stood up and went to retrieve it.

Kimba Calling:

I answered the phone with a smile on my face. "Hey babe"

"Hey Chez, I've been invited to this party thing at the weekend, I know I'm supposed to be on a break or whatever but they really want me there. Ugh. I don't really want to go alone, do you wanna come with?"

"Sounds good, thanks for the offer but I've got Immie" I replied down the phone.

"Oh okay, no worries"

"Actually wait a minute" I replied, walking over to the calendar on the wall. "What date is it?" I asked.

"28th, it's a Saturday" Kimberley informed me with a hint of hope in her voice. I scanned my eyes over the calendar searching for the 28th.

"Ooo, Immie's at her dads this weekend and I'm off work. You're in luck" I giggled.

"So you'll come?"

"Yes of course"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you"

"No problem, what you doing now?"

"Shopping on my iPad"

"Ooo, looking for anything in particular?" I asked.

"Nope, just having a nosey. What are you doing?"

"Just helping Immie with the jigsaw puzzle you got her the other day. She loves it" I replied, watching Immie concentrating on her puzzle through the door.

"Aww, she's a little cutie. I'll let you get off. Speak soon babe"

"Bye bye" I replied and ended the call.

****

"You all set?" Kimberley asked, waiting by the door as I walked down the stairs.

"Almost, I just need to get my phone off the kitchen table." I smiled.

"You look absolutely gorgeous" Kimberley told me, looking me up and down. I had decided on a one shouldered knee length cream and white dress, my hair in loose curls tumbling down over my back and shoulders, I had paired my dress with some simple black strappy heals.

"Don't be daft" I said, blushing.

"No, honestly you do."

"Thank you, so do you. I adore your outfit" I told Kimberley, she was wearing a simple black jumpsuit and black and gold heels. She had light waves in her hair and some red lipstick on. The jumpsuit accentuated her curves perfectly. She looked amazing.

"Right, I'm ready, are we coming back home or getting a hotel or?" I asked her as I stepped out the house.

"It'll probably be late so we can just get a hotel. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine"

***

The party was in full swing now, so many people, mostly celebrities. The venue was well and truly packed. Kimberley had stuck by my side most of the night, which I was glad of. I didn't want to look like some random woman who had turned up to a huge celebrity party.

"You enjoying yourself, babe?" Kimberley asked me, passing me a glass of champagne.

"Yes, thanks. Are you?"

"Yeah" Kimberley smiled at me.

I had bumped into the likes of Rita Ora, Ellie Goulding and Will.i.am so far, Kimberley introduced me to each of them when they came over to speak to her. They all had warm personalities, not rude and stuck up at all. Will was very sweet and very funny. Kimberley had mentioned she works with him a lot.

"So when are you in the studio again Kimberley?" Will asked her as he wondered over again with a glass of champagne in his hand.

"I'm on a break at the moment, Will, I just need some time to chill" Kimberley laughed. "Probably in the next couple of months or so" she continued.

"We need you back in the charts girl, don't stay away too long" Will chuckled.

"What do you do Cheryl?" Will asked me, making me jump slightly.

"Erm, I work in a club, bit boring really"

"What do you want to do?" He asked, seemingly genuinely interested.

"I'd like to be a dancer" I replied, smiling.

"Why don't you pursue it?"

"Erm.."

"Will does DJing" Kimberley spoke up, sensing that the conversation was going to get uncomfortable to why I couldn't yet pursue because I had Imogen. "I remember Sarah telling me she was into that"

"Ahh yes, Sarah loves a bit of DJing. She does it at the club sometimes" I replied.

"Will, you've got to meet her. She's quiet a character, she's amazing. She played me a demo about a week ago." Kimberley went on to explain before opening her bag, shortly after she had fished out a CD.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Sarah's demo, I convinced her to put it on a CD but I never said what for" she smiled before turning her attention back to Will. "Here, have a listen. She's really good. I reckon you'll like her"

"I think I might. Thanks Kimbers" Will said, sliding the CD into an inside pocket on his jacket. "See you later" he smiled before walking away.

"What was all that?" I asked, quiet confused.

"Well, Sarah was telling me she really liked DJing and I asked her to drop a few beats and I had her record it and burn it onto a CD. She was actually really quite shy about it even though she's really good so I thought I'd give the CD to Will, I have a good feeling about it and I know hell like it so it may just give her the confidence to pursue it. Will even takes on up and coming artists sometimes" Kimberley explained. "I haven't told her though, so don't say anything"

"I won't. Kimberley that's really nice of you. Thank you for doing that for her."

"No worries at all"

****

Kimberley and I stumbled into the hotel room at just gone 3am. The party had began to wind down at about 2am but Kimberley and I decided to stay another hour before leaving. Switching from the alcohol to water, we had began to sober up ever so slightly.

"Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed myself" I told Kimberley, as I got into bed next to Kimberley. We had only booked one room and decided to share.

"You're most welcome. I really enjoyed myself too. Usually I'd of gotten bored and left if I'd of just gone by myself like I normally do. You're great company" Kimberley giggled.

"Aww Kimba"

"I love spending time with you"

"I love spending time with you as well" I smiled.

Kimberley smiled back as we lay on our sides in bed, facing each other. In that moment, I saw Kimberley's eyes flicker over to my lips and back to my eyes and then back to my lips, before I had a second to think, Kimberley's lips connected with mine.