Chapter Twenty Six:

Cheryl's POV

I sit battling with my self internally. I can't get Kimberley out of my mind no matter how hard I try.

Maybe I have feelings for her.

No you're just good friends.

But she said she loved me.

Doesn't mean I feel the same.

But we slept together.

We were drunk.

Not every time.

It was a mistake.

Why can't I get it out of my head then.

Why do I miss her so much.

Why did I get tingles when she touched me and butterflies when she spoke to me.

Why do I long for her touch, to speak to her, to spend time with her.

Why have I gotten into such a state about her leaving? That's never happened before when people have left.

Maybe I do actually have feelings for her.

But I'm not gay.

You don't need to be gay to have feelings for her.

I wonder if she's missing me as much as I'm missing her.

I wonder if she's moved on now.

Probably has, it's been over three weeks.

I feel as if I'm having a conversation with myself, a debate, or as if I'm trying to reason and negotiate with myself. It's driving me mad.

* *

Sarah's POV

"I'll come and see you soon yeah? Thanks for letting me stay over"

"It's no worries, you're welcome any time." Kimberley smiles. "Tell Imogen that I miss her"

"I will do"

"And Cheryl"

"Of course" I say, embracing Kimberley into a hug. "I best get going."

"Okay, take care"

"And you"

* * *

I get back home and the first thing I do after putting my things away is go and check on Cheryl. I hope she isn't in any worse state than she was before I left. I make my way to my car and my phone begins to ring. It begins to heavily rain so I jog to my car and slam the door shut quickly. I wipe the water off my screen of my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?

"Hey it's Mason"

"oh hi Mason"

"Are you with Cheryl?"

"No I'm just on my way round there now"

"What's up with her? I went round the other night and she just went mad at me"

"Oh right.. ..she's going through a bit of a tough time at the moment..I'll speak to her when I get there and see what she says"

"Thanks Sarah"

"It's okay..bye"

"Bye"

I end the call and drive to Cheryl's, I pass Kimberley's flat on the way and just glance at it as I drive passed when I seem a small figure sat on the step in the pouring rain. It's getting heavier and heavier now. I pull up at the side of the road when it crosses my mind that it could be Cheryl and climb out and jog over.