Chapter Twenty:

"Sorry I'm late, Imogen was tantruming" I say as I approach Kimberley in the busy cafe. "I've left her with Sarah"

"It's okay" Kimberley replies as I sit down. "I got you a coffee"

"Thank you" I smile gratefully. There's a silence that lingers upon us as we both find some sort of sudden interest in our drinks. We're sat in a secluded part of the cafe, obviously Kimberley's attempt not to be noticed by anyone. It's fairly busy but people are rushing in and out, too busy to stop and notice people around them. It's growing louder by the minute. I empty a sachet of sugar into my drink and stir it as I wait for Kimberley to speak up.

Another few minutes pass before she eventually does, the cafe has quietened down ever so slightly.

"I'm so sorry, for everything" she whispers, not making eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry too"

"No, really, I am so sorry. The way I treated you wasn't right. I took it too far and I overstepped the mark--"

Kimberley went on and was interrupted by a young boy coming over asking for an autograph after recognising her. Kimberley happily obliged and he thanked her and walked away. "Shall we finish the conversation at mine? I don't really want any interruptions.." Kimberley asked.

"Sure" I smiled, standing up, Kimberley quickly drank the last mouthful of her drink before grabbing her bag and standing up. She pulled her large, extremely dark sunglasses over her eyes and followed me out through the busy cafe and out the door. We made the short walk home, not really speaking much.

"Tea?" Kimberley asked as we entered her house.

"No thank you" I smiled. She nodded and sat down next to me.

"as I was saying, I'm really sorry for everything. I really overstepped the mark and I shouldn't have."

"I'm sorry too, I just--"

"Hear me out, I need to tell you before I explode. It's taken me a while to figure it out and I know it's not going to be reciprocated but I want and need you to know..I well..I have feelings for you.."

"What..?"

"I have feelings for you, it's okay..I know you don't feel the same. You have Mason now anyway..I still want to be friends and I don't want it to be weird between us because you're such a special person in my life"

"I don't know what to say.." I was shocked, I wasn't expecting that regardless of what had happened between us. I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Can we still be friends?"

"Of course we can! Don't be daft." I said, pulling her into a tight hug. "Fancy a movie night tonight? Me, you, Immie and Saz?"

"I'd love that"

"Come on then, get your stuff and we can go over to mine..need to get some food in first though so shops then mine?"

"Perfect"

* * *

"Sarah?" I call as I let myself into my house.

"Yeah babe?" She answers coming out of the kitchen. I leave Kimberley to shut the door behind her and walk into the living room.

"Where's Immie?"

"She's picking what towel she wants for when she has a bath. I was just about to bath her" Sarah chuckles.

"Aw thanks Saz, I'll do it though. Fancy a movie night?"

"Sure sounds good" she smiles. "Alright Kimbers?" She asks when Kimberley walks into the living room.