Chapter Twenty Seven:

Cheryl's POV

I woke up bright and early the next morning, leaving Sarah in bed. I grabbed a suitcase from the top of the wardrobe and quickly shoved a load of clothes and other necessities in there before zipping it up and dragging it downstairs. I got myself ready, had some breakfast and left Sarah a note before hurrying out of the door and jumping into my car and setting off. It's only 7:08am but I had a lot of travelling to do.

* *

Sarah's POV

I woke up alone the next morning around 10am, the space where Cheryl had lay next to me was cold so I knew she hadn't only recently got up. "Cheryl?" I called from the top of the stairs, no answer. I made my way downstairs to find it empty. I wondered back upstairs and got ready, she's probably just nipped out. I went into Cheryl's wardrobe to get my clothes that I leave here, to find it was practically empty apart from my clothes and a few others. Shit. The suitcase that's always at the top of the wardrobe had gone too. I grabbed my phone and tried to ring her, no answer. I wasn't at all shocked by Cheryl's revelation last night, I knew it was coming but it was just a matter of time. She had told me and fell asleep straight after. I sat down on the bed, twiddling my phone in my hand in hope she wouldn't ring back when I noticed a little note folded up propped against the lamp.

"Sarah - gone to London. Not sure when I'll be back. Tell Imogen, I love her and I'll speak to her soon. Thank you for everything, love you - Chez xxx"

I smiled at the note, knowing exactly where she had gone and exactly what she'd gone to do. I just hoped it would work out for her.

* * *

Cheryl's POV

I noticed Sarah had tried calling me but I ignored it, I just wanted to focus on getting to London. The traffic wasn't too bad but I knew it was going to take me hours and the voice of the Sat-Nav was driving me insane. I stopped off at the petrol station and filled up my tank before driving across to McDonalds for a break from driving and something to eat. I was starving and my back was killing me.

* *

Kimberley's POV

My doorbell started ringing like crazy, as I was making something to eat, wondering who it was I checked the security cameras seeing a face all too recognisable. I quickly buzzed the door and unlocked it, opening it up seeing the petite, dark haired, dark eyed Geordie on my door step.

"Cheryl? What are you--" before I could finish, her arms swung around my neck, legs around my waist and her lips smashed against mine sending my stumbling backwards into the wall behind me. I kicked my leg up and shut the door with my foot up and hitched Cheryl up holding her tighter as we kissed, a few minutes later we broke apart, tears were running down Cheryl's cheeks. I placed her back on her feet and then wiped her tears. "Hey, shh don't cry" I said softly as the tears ran faster down her cheeks, she stepped closer to me, wrapped her arms around my waist and her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms tightly around her as she cried.

"Kimba?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm in love with you"

"What?" I ask, genuinely shocked.

"I think I'm in love with you" she said, taking her head off my chest and looking up at me. I closed the gap between us and kissed her delicately as if she'd break.

"I think I'm in love with you too" I told her as I pulled away. I lead her into the living room and sat down on the sofa next to her.

"I missed you so much" she told me.

"I missed you too, you need to snap out of this mess you've been in, okay?"

"How did you know?"

"Sarah told me"

"Sarah was here? When?"

"The night of her gig, I went to see her gig and she stayed here instead of going to a hotel"

"Oh right"

"Where's Immie?" I asked her.

"With me mam..she hasn't been staying with me for the past few weeks"

"Why?"

"I've been an absolute mess. I'm the worst mum ever. She must hate me"

"She doesn't hate you, you're a great mum. She loves you to bits, even when you're shouting at her when she tantrums"

"I think she prefers you" Cheryl laughs through her tears.

"I'm the cool fun person though, it's only natural that she prefers me" I laughed. "Nah I'm joking, she loves you to pieces that little girl"

"You can be the cool fun parent figure then" Cheryl giggled and I just laughed.

"Kim?" Cheryl asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah?"

"I want to be with you"

"Really? What about Mason?"

"I ended it with him."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah..I think I was a bit harsh. I said he was annoying and some other shit, pushed him out the door told him it was over and slammed the door in his face" Cheryl giggled.

"Chez! That's so mean"

"I know, I need to talk to him but I really want to be with you"

"I want to be with you too"

"Really?"

"Really"

___________

I know it's a bit shit but I didn't have much time to update and I wanted to get at least something up considering the amount of lovely comments I received! Thank you so much, I love reading them 🌸❤️