Chapter Sixteen:

The night of Sarah's gig soon came around, Will was due to arrive about an hour in to the set to watch. I could tell Sarah was extremely nervous, the amount of times she's checked and rechecked her equipment is unbelievable. Seeing Sarah so nervous is making me nervous. This one gig could possibly change her life completely. I know she'll do well though.

Kimberley and I had been back on speaking terms, again like nothing had happened. Maybe this is what she felt like when I did the same. I've decide to draw a line completely on the whole thing. It's not happening again and that's that.

"Sarah, I've lost count how many times you've checked your equipment. I'm sure it's all fine"

"I'm not sure, what if something goes wrong?"

"It won't, I know it. It'll be fine, you'll be amazing"

"You think so?"

"No, I know so, come here" I say, pulling her into a tight hug.

* * *

Sarah had just started her DJ set and already got the crowd going, music was blasting around the club, surrounding everyone. Everyone was dancing and cheering. Sarah's nerves have gone, she's confident and in her element. Will was due to arrive any minute now, Kimberley was on standby with her phone, waiting for Will's call so we could go and find him.

Shortly after, Kimberley's phone rang and we had gone to find him from the main entrance of the club. We'd led him to a secluded area so that he was less likely to be seen by the public.

"She's amazing, so unique" Will shouted to Kimberley over the thumping music.

"She is isn't she!" Kimberley replied.

"She's dope, so much talent"

We watched the rest of Sarah's set and went to meet her after it had finished. "Sarah that was amazing babe!" I cheered, pulling her into a tight hug and swaying side to side and patting her back. "I'm so proud of you"

"Thank you babe!" Sarah replied kissing me on the cheek.

"Kimberley's on her way over with Will now, look" I told her, pointing to Kimberley and Will walking through the mass of drunk, sweaty and dancing bodies.

"Sarah babe! That was incredible" Kimberley cheered, linking hands with Sarah jumping up and down on the spot with Sarah.

"Thank you, honey" Sarah grinned.

"Sarah, this is Will, Will this is Sarah" Kimberley introduced them.

"Hey, nice to meet you" Sarah held out her hand for him to shake.

"And you, it's good to put a face to a voice, you were incredible tonight. Well done, you have a real talent"

"Thank you so much, it really means a lot" Sarah replied with a huge smile on her face.

"Here's my card, get in touch when you can, I'd like to arrange a meeting with you and my record label?"

"Really?"

"Really" Will confirmed, handing her the card.

"Thank you"

* * *

"I think this calls for celebration!" Sarah cheered. Will had left the club now and we definitely had some celebrating to do.

"Of course it does, I'll get this round" I said, walking to the bar to order.

I ordered us all some colourful shots from the barman and carefully balanced them on a tray and carried them back to the table avoiding spilling them whilst avoiding all the moving, dancing and drunken bodies surrounding me.