Chapter Thirty Three:

Cheryl's POV

"What time are your friends due round?" I asked Kimberley, carrying a wriggling Imogen into the front room to brush her hair.

"About half an hour"

"Half an hour? I'm not even ready yet!" I whined, sitting Imogen on my lap to sort her messy hair out.

"Come here, I'll sort Immie, you go get ready"

"You sure?"

"Yep" Kimberley replied, holding her arms out to take Imogen. I quickly kissed Kimberley on the lips and Imogen on her head before heading upstairs quickly to get ready.

I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a nice top and hurriedly got changed and tied my long locks into a messy bun on the top of my head. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before sitting at the dressing table to apply some light make up. I heard Kimberley coming up the stairs talking to Immie as I was doing my make up.

"You nearly ready babe?" Kimberley asked, poking her head around the door.

"Yeah 5 minutes"

"Alright, fancy a cuppa?"

"I want a cuppa!" Imogen shouted, much to Kimberley's dismay as it was right by her ear.

"You can have juice Immie" I told her as I applied my eyeliner, getting a pout and a scowl in return. "I'll have one please Kimba" I told her as I applied eyeliner to my other eyelid.

"Alright babe" Kimberley smiled. "Come on you" she said to Immie, kissing her obnoxiously loud on her cheek with a big 'mwah' sound.

I chuckled to myself as Immie wiped her cheek with whine and a giggle before they headed back downstairs.

Not long to go now until I meet Kimberley's friends, to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. What if they don't like me? What if they figure out something's going on between me and Kimberley? What if they don't like Imogen? What if they judge me?

I quickly applied some mascara and headed downstairs and into the kitchen where I found Kimberley making Imogen some juice one handedly with Imogen clinging to her hip.

"Here let me do that" I say as I walk over.

"It's alright, I may as--" Kimberley was cut off by the sound of the door bell and my eyes widened and my breath got caught in my throat.

"Hey, don't be nervous. Everything will be fine. I promise" Kimberley soothes as she pecks my lips and I nod. Getting an "ew" reaction from Immie. We both giggle and Kimberley goes to the door, still holding Imogen while I finish making her juice. I fasten the lid on as I hear voices coming from the front room. I guess I better make myself known. Now or never.

I take Imogen's cup into the front room to see two pairs of unknown eyes looking at me, rather suspiciously.

"Cheryl, this is Nicola" Kimberley says pointed to a fair skinned red haired beauty. "And this is Nadine" Kimberley continues pointing to a beautiful tall, brown eyed, long haired woman.

"Nic, Nads, this is Cheryl and this little cutie is Imogen"

"Hello" I smile awkwardly.

Imogen hides her face in the crook her Kimberley's neck, going shy. Nadine walks over to her. "Aren't you a little cutie?" Imogen looks up at her and giggles.

"You speak funny" Imogen giggles and then latches on to Nadine's extremely long hair looking in awe of it.

"Imogen! That's rude"