Chapter Ten:

"Kimba I'm dropping it hurry up!" I yelped, holding on to the opposite end of the new settee that had just been delivered for Kimberley's flat. It was a gorgeous cream leather one. It looked so expensive.

"I'm hurrying"

"It's heavy quick" I grimaced as it strained my arms, we quickly shuffled it through the door and set it down.

"I can't believe they didn't help us!" Kimberley scowled talking about the delivery men who had dropped the furniture and boxes and boxes of various household necessities off earlier.

"I know but we've done it now"

"I suppose" Kimberley giggled.

"We need to get the tables in and put them together"

"Yeah, come help me get the boxes" Kimberley said, walking out of the room. I followed suit and helped her pick up the large boxes.

"To me, to you"

"Eh?"

"The chuckle brothers"

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Never mind Chez" Kimberley laughed. I shrugged it off and brought the boxes in.

"Right we need to get these together" Kimberley said, kneeling on the floor pulling out the instruction booklet.

"This is going to take forever" I whined.

"The quicker we do it the quicker it's done" Kimberley concluded, not looking up from the booklet and skipping the page.

"Okay okay"

***

"See that didn't take long at all"

"Five hours Kimberley"

"Oh well" she laughed.

"It does look nice though" I smiled, looking around out handy work. We had put the huge plasma screen TV on the wall on a bracket with the cream leather settee facing it and a black glass coffee table in the middle of the floor with the single cream leather armchair to the left and then one to the right. Cream curtains had been put up in the window to match too. In the kitchen everything was already built in, Kimberley just needed a kitchen table and then various kitchen items like a microwave and kettle etc.

The bedroom had just been done to a basic standard of a king size bed in the middle of the room against the back wall, cream curtains and then a flat screen TV on the wall opposite the bed. The wardrobes, drawers and bedside tables were yet to arrive. So we were done for the day.

"Coming back to mine or you staying here?" I asked, picking up my keys.

"I'll come with you" Kimberley smiled, picking up her phone off the newly set up coffee table.

"We good to go?"

"Yeah, I'll pick Imogen up from me mams first, she's going to her dads this weekend. He's coming to pick her up at 5pm and it's 4 now" I explained as I got in the car.

"Okay babe" Kimberley smiled, putting on her seatbelt. "I find it so weird getting in your car, I feel like I'm sat on the floor because my Range Rover is so high up" Kimberley laughed.

"I have to practically climb into your car" I giggled, starting the engine of my practically run down Ford Fiesta. "I need to save for a new car, I'm surprised this one still gets us around" I laughed. "Needs a clean too" I say looking around at all the empty packets and dust and Immie's toys, various colouring books and colouring pencils all over the back seats.