Changes

Riley stared at her wife from across the room, her jaw dropped. Her eyes scanned her wife's lithe figure, bright blue eyes, and beaming smile. Nothing seemed different, until her eyes rested on her partner's hair. Gone was the blonde, and her newly-brunette wife's grin widened. Riley's brain short-circuited. She wanted to run her fingers through the silky brown strands and kiss that grin off of her wife's face. Maya raised an eyebrow, her grin dying down to a small smirk. "So?" That raspy voice that Riley loved so much, husked. "Whaddaya think, Sunshine?"

Riley didn't even feel her feet carrying her across the room, until she was suddenly inches away from Maya. Maya's head was cocked, waiting for her response. Riley pressed her lips to Maya's, tangling her fingers into her wife's wavy brown hair. She hooked a leg around Maya's waist, pulling her closer. Maya deepened the kiss, nipping at Riley's lower lip, resulting in the familiar moan that was dragged out of Riley. Riley pulled back, her chest heaving and her lips glistening. Maya's bright blue eyes were now a dark shade of cobalt, hooded with desire. "I'm guessing you like it?" Maya giggled, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

In response, Riley leaned in and kissed her once more, but softer this time. Sweeter. Riley brushed the hair out of her wife's face, her eyes shining. "You're so, so, so beautiful, Peaches." At this, Maya's cheeks flushed a light pink, and her eyes softened. "So are you, Riles." she replied. Riley cupped Maya's cheeks, smiling as her blush deepened. She pressed their foreheads together, reveling in how Maya's eyes fluttered shut at the contact.

"I know that you think that I'm golden, but I think you're pretty golden too, Peaches."