Chapter Four - The First Day

Willow woke up refreshed and ready for her first day as Mr. Burns's assistant. She hopped out of bed and took great care in getting ready. She hoped to make a better impression this time round.

            Willow arrived to work twenty minutes early, just like Adam had instructed. While she was waiting for the elevator, she ran into Jack again. 

            "So, I take it you got the job?" he remarked, an eyebrow raised.

            Willow smiled up at Jack. "Yes, I did. I'm excited to start."

            Several of the people crowded around the elevator turned back and looked at Jack in awe, a few of them greeted him timidly.

            Willow looked at him in confusion. "You seem to be popular here," she remarked.

            Jack gave her a dazzling smile. "Well, I do employ everyone from floors 2 through 10."

            Then it hit her, he's the Jack Montague, owner of Montague and Co. another important communication center, and a direct rival of the Burns Conglomerate.

            "Oh," Willow said stupidly as she finally made the connection.

            "'Oh' is right," he said with a laugh. "To be honest, I'm surprised you didn't recognize me yesterday when I introduced myself."

            "I just didn't make the connection..." she replied, blushing.

            "That doesn't happen very often, usually people recognize me before I can say a word. Your reaction is... refreshing," Jack stated with a grin.

            Willow blushed, she didn't know what to say. Mercifully, the elevator finally arrived, so she didn't have to answer. After Jack got off at the 10th floor, Willow was able to relax. She never knew how to handle handsome, suave men like him.

            Eventually, she reached the 100th floor. When Willow arrived, she was properly introduced to Jenny, the woman working front desk. Then Adam came up front to give her a tour of the office.

            Adam had a desk positioned right outside of Mr. Burns's office. He showed Willow her personal office, it was connected to Mr. Burns's workspace by a single door.

            Adam stopped and faced Willow; his eyes appraised her. "Don't bother unpacking your stuff if you plan on sleeping with the boss," he remarked coolly.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Yikes! What do you guys think will happen?

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!