Chapter Nine: A Wake-Up Call

Willow woke up feeling warm and slightly groggy. The bedding underneath her was soft and plush. Where am I? she wondered. Not concerned enough, she decided to turn around and get some more sleep.

She let out a small yelp, when she saw her boss sitting in a chair by the bed.

"What are you doing here?" she practically yelled.

"I'm in my apartment, waiting for you to get up," he replied.

Willow blinked, trying to recall what happened last night.

The Platinum Rose with Giana? Check.

Getting wasted on strong alcohol? Check.

Insulting her boss? Shit.

Mr. Burns sighed, rubbing his temples. "You blacked out, and your friend, Giana, was too drunk to tell me where you lived, so I brought both of you back to my place. Giana's currently in the kitchen getting coffee."

Willow took a moment to contemplate the situation, her cheeks turning red.

"I'm sorry for the trouble," she said quietly.

Mr. Burns sighed. "I'm not used to taking care of drunk subordinates." He walked up to her, and crouched down so that they were at eye level. "Promise me you won't get that drunk again. God knows what could have happened if I wasn't there."

Before she could speak, Giana walked into the room. "Willow! I'm glad that you're still alive. You looked terrible last night."

Willow glared at her, "This isn't helpful," she hissed.

"Do you promise me, Willow?" he repeated.

Her attention was back on Mr. Burns. His close scrutiny was both embarrassing and heady.

"I promise," she said quietly.

"Good," he said, satisfied. "Now that you've both sobered up, my chauffeur will bring you both back to your residences. Willow, I expect you to show up to work on time."

"Yes sir," she stated, relieved that she got off so easy.

Mr. Burns was walking out of the room when he suddenly stopped and looked back at her.

"And Willow?"

"Yes sir?"

"Your pay will be docked for the car ride to and from my place."

Willow gritted her teeth. It could be worse, she reminds herself, I could be fired.

"Yes sir," she managed to say.

A mischievous smirk played on Mr. Burns's lips. "I'll see you at 8 o'clock, sharp."