Chapter Twenty-Two: Trust Issues

Willow checked the time on her scratched wristwatch again; it's been an hour and Matthew was still in the meeting with the CEO of Woodville.

She sighed, and took a sip of her rum and coke as she looked around the bar.

It was only five o'clock, but the place was already crowded.

Men and women in business attire were roaming the bar, scanning for their colleagues and networking. Willow didn't want to network, she wanted to be back in the hotel room with Matthew.

A man sat on the barstool next to her.

"I hope your boyfriend doesn't mind," said a familiar voice.

"Mr. Montague, I forgot you'd be here," Willow said, trying to be casual.

Jack laughed. "You're not good at lying," he said with a cheeky smirk.

"How'd you're meeting with Woodville go?" he asked.

"Better than yours, I imagine."

He flashed her a quick smile before ordering a glass of whiskey.

"If you're waiting for Mr. Burns, you'll be waiting a long time," he remarked.

Her gaze became guarded. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"I saw him leaving the hotel with a woman on his arm," he replied with a shrug.

Willow clenched her jaw.

"You're lying."

"Why would I lie to you?" he asked, grabbing his phone from his back pocket. "Besides, I have evidence."

She looked at him warily. "What evidence?"

"I have a photo," he said, as he unlocked his phone.

"Here," he said as he pulled up the photo and handed it to her.

She took a deep breath, it was a picture of Matthew arm in arm with a gorgeous woman in a red dress.

***

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope y'all enjoy.

I've always wanted to end at a cliff hanger hehe