Chapter Thirty-One: Talking It Out

Slightly tipsy from her kiss, Willow walked into the Starbucks. She sat down after ordering an iced coffee and waited for Giana to arrive. Her mind went back to the searing kiss she just shared with Matthew. The smell of his aftershave and the feeling of his rough stubble made her shiver.

Her phone vibrated, it was a text from Jack. Willow looked around guilty before opening the text. 

We need to talk soon

She stared at the message. 

What have I gotten myself into, she thought to herself. 

She wanted to help Matthew expand his business ventures but she worried that he would lose his trust in her if he ever found out. 

Before she could think of a response to Jack's message, Giana tapped her on the shoulder.

"Everything okay?" she asked.

Willow felt like crying and stood up to hug her friend.

"Did that bastard hurt your feelings?" Giana asked. 

Willow laughed. "No Mr. Burns didn't hurt my feelings, our relationship is good, but I have a secret and I don't know what to do."

Giana gasped, "You're pregnant!" she exclaimed.

"No!" Willow exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "It's bigger than that."

The two sat down and looked at each other conspiratorily.

"I've been talking to Jack..." Willow began.

"Romantically?!" Giana exclaimed again, drawing attention from the other guests at the Starbucks.

Willow put her head down on the table. "No! Let me finish." 

She played with her straw, thinking about how to proceed.

"I've been visiting with Jack to try and get information from him about his company dealings. I want to help Mat- Burns Incorporated."

Giana's eyes widened. "I never thought you'd be the type to try something so sneaky. You're not even a good liar."

She sighed, "I know and I think I found some valuable information but I don't know how to proceed with Jack. He keeps asking to see me. I know he wants me to reveal information too but I don't want to lose Matthew's trust. 

Giana patted Willow's hand. "I understand. You're in a tricky situation. What's your plan moving forward?"

Willow was more determined than ever. "I'm going to help finish this deal with Laurence and then I'm going to end this game with Jack."

***

A/N:

 Hello all. There's no real way to apologize for the delay... I know it's been over a year but I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and feedback on my story! All the funny/nice comments have encouraged me to pick this back up again and they gave me LIFE. I look forward to writing more in the future.