Chapter Twelve: A Ride from the Boss

Before Jack could reply, Mr. Burns was walking Willow out of the lobby.

His chauffeur was waiting outside and quickly opened the car door for him. Willow tried to stop, but Mr. Burns gently pulled on her arm.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride."

"You're not going to charge me for the ride again, are you?" she asked warily.

Mr. Burns gave a loud laugh. Despite his anger, he couldn't help but chuckle at her suspicious expression.

"No, I won't," he promised.

Willow got in the car, closely followed by Mr. Burns. The door shut behind them.

Willow didn't realize the effect this enclosed space would have on her. She felt the heat coming off his body, his legs brushed against hers. Unconsciously, she leaned in, she wanted to be closer to him.

Mr. Burns gazed down at her, the lust apparent in his eyes. He licked his lips before hitting a button on the limo's control panel.

"Drive us to Blue Rock," he commanded over the intercom.

Willow's mouth dropped open. "I live in the opposite direction."

"I know," he commented, "we're going to dinner first."

"Sir, I'll be blunt, I can't afford an extravagant dinner at Blue Rock."

"Don't worry about it," he muttered absentmindedly, as he looked out the window.

"Please don't dock my pay for this meal."

Mr. Burns sighed and rubbed his temples. "You're testing my patience. Your pay won't be docked, I'm paying."

She gaped up at him, slightly bewildered.

He got closer and took a deep breath. "There are some things we need to talk about, and I'd prefer to be in public when I told you about it."

Willow bit her lower lip, her cheeks warmed. "Why do we need to be in public?"

His hand skimmed the top of her thigh, "Because I don't trust myself to be alone with you."