Chapter Twenty-Seven: Guilty

"Where are you taking me?" Willow asked as Matthew guided her towards a Rolls Royce.

            "You'll see," he replied, a soft smile playing on his lips.

            Before long the car stopped outside the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

            "You realize we already have room reservations at another hotel, right?" she joked.

            Matthew came out of the car behind her and put his hand on the small of her back.

            "Just keep walking," he said.

            They got into an ornate elevator, and Matthew pressed the button for the top floor.

            Willow looked at him inquiringly, but he gave nothing away.

            When they finally arrived at their destination Willow gasped. The view was incredible. From up here you could see the Persian Gulf and the city's skyline. Best of all, this was a restaurant, so they could order food and admire the view.

            "This is amazing!" Willow enthused.

            Matthew only smiled as they were guided to their table.

            "I remember the last time I took you out to eat," Matthew said.

            "I would hope so, it was only two weeks ago," Willow quipped.

            Matthew discreetly pinched her butt.

            "Don't be such a smart-ass," he joked.

            After entrees were served, Matthew cleared his throat.

            "Willow, I have something to tell you."

            She looked up from her plate. "What is it?" she asked.

            "I'd like to apologize for my behavior towards you when we first met," he began, blushing slightly. "I am embarrassed to think about how rude I was to you at first."

            Willow looked at him warmly and reached for his hand across the table.

            "I forgive you," she said.

            They smiled lovingly at each other.

***

            Willow's phone buzzed, bleary eyed, she checked her phone.

            Who's texting me at one o'clock in the morning? She asked herself.

            The text read: It's Jack. Meet me in the lobby.

            Her eyes widened in surprise, and she quickly texted back. How did you get my number?

            His reply was clipped. Unimportant, just meet me down here in five.

            Willow turned around; Matthew was sleeping soundly beside her.

            A pang of guilt hit her. She didn't want to go against his wishes, but she knew Jack could give her some useful information.

            She got up and quietly put on her clothes. As she reached for her shoes, she heard Matthew shift in his sleep. She hardly dared to breathe.

            After a few moments of silence Willow decided it was safe to leave the room.

            She rushed out into the hallway and quickly made her way to the extravagant lobby. She quickly spotted Jack, leaning casually against a column. Several ladies ogled him as they passed but Jack was in no mood to flirt.

            He soon spotted Willow walking towards him.

"Hey there," he said, his eyes brightening.

            "Jack," she said guardedly.

            "Let's get something to drink," he said. His hand was on the small of her back as he tried to guide her into one of the many hotel bars. The touch of his hand made her flinch.

            Willow resisted, "I've got a long flight tomorrow, so let's make this quick."

            His faced was lined with irritation for a moment before he directed her to a couch.

            Once they had gotten comfortable, Jack moved closer to her.

            "Well then, I'll cut the small talk. Tell me about Matthew's Dubai deals," he whispered conspiratorially.

            Willow swallowed hard. She was still trying to decide what to tell him.

            Since Matthew, already sealed the deal with Cobbs there shouldn't be any harm in telling him about it, she thought to herself.

            Jack was looking impatient, she knew she had to talk soon.

            "Matthew met with Woodville..." she hesitated before continuing, "and Cobbs."

            Unexpectedly, Jack gave a laugh.

            "That fool, Montague and Co. has been working with Woodville Industries for years. Our meeting was only to renegotiate our dealings; they'd be foolish to leave us."

            Willow simply shrugged her shoulders.

            Jack leaned back and gave her a piercing gaze, "Anyone else?"

            "No," she said, shaking her head.

            "He didn't mention anything about a Laurence Allen?" he asked.

            That's new, Willow thought.

"No, I've never heard the name or come across it in his schedule," she replied.

            Jack gave a sigh of relief.

"Well, thanks for the help," he said as he stood up.

            "Don't mention it," Willow murmured, heading back to her room.

            She quickly took her clothes off and climbed into bed.

            "Where'd you go babe?" Matthew asked sleepily.

            Willow turned around and smoothed his hair back.

            "I just needed a breath of fresh air," she replied.

            "I would have gone with you," he mumbled as he fell back asleep.

            Another pang of guilt hit her, she sighed and tried to ignore the awful feeling in her chest.

            At least I can share this info with Matthew, she thought to herself.

------------------

A/N:

Longish chapter, I hope you guys enjoy!

Who do you guys prefer Jack or Matthew?