Chapter Eight: In Need of a Drink

Willow walked out of the office at 6 pm exhausted. Her feet dragged as she moved through the lobby. Her jealous boss and over-eager work rival had put her in a tailspin.

She felt her phone begin to vibrate, after checking the contact name, she decided to answer.

"Hello," she said.

"Yikes, you sound exhausted," Giana remarked. "Rough day?"

"You wouldn't believe it."

"I'm back at The Platinum Rose, come meet me there."

Willow perked up a little at the thought of drinking her bad work day away. It was not a habit she frequently engaged in, but she needed it on days like this.

She made it to The Platinum Rose and quickly spotted Giana among a group of men.

"Hey you," she called out to Willow.

"Hey, yourself" she replied, hugging Giana. "Looks like you've been busy."

"What can I say? I'm an interesting person."

Willow laughed and then groaned as she stretched her rigid neck, "I need a stiff drink,"

"What happened?" Giana asked, looking slightly concerned.

"You wouldn't believe it," Willow started. She told Giana about her surprise meeting with Jack and Mr. Burns's reaction.

"Here," Giana stated, handing Willow a rum and coke, "drink away your sorrows."

Between the rum and the other drinks bought by eager male patrons, Willow was in alcohol heaven.

Giana and Willow were chatting away when Willow, in a daze, realizes she had to go to the bathroom. She began to slide out of her chair, it was hard work concentrating on her movements and the conversation.

"Willow, be careful!" Giana called out.

Willow stumbled out of her chair and into the muscular arms of a man. "Careful," his dark, smooth voice warned.

That voice sounded familiar... she looked up and discovered she was in the arms of her sexy boss.

"Oh, it's you," she slurred.

"You sound disappointed," he remarked with a smirk.

Willow hiccuped. "You know, you'd be more handsome if you weren't such an asshole."

Mr. Burns gave a loud laugh, before he can reply, Willow blacked out.

------------

A/N:

Sorry for the delay! I'm busy studying for finals right now, but I'll try to post another chapter again soon.

Hope you guys enjoy this one!