Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Call

Matthew and Willow waited on the tarmac to board his private jet.

Willow was antsy, she needed to divulge her information about Montague and Co. but she didn't want to implicate herself in the process. Suddenly she had an idea.

"I have to make a call real quick," she said, not looking Matthew in the eye.

Matthew nodded absentmindedly as he checked his phone.

Good, he's not suspicious, she thought.

Willow moved away from him, she didn't want Matthew to hear what she had to say.

The phone rang twice before Adam answered. "What's wrong?" he asked hurriedly.

"Nothing's wrong," she replied, rolling her eyes, he had so little faith in her. "I need you to do something for me."

"What do you need?"

"I need you to do some research on a man named Laurence Allen. I think he has some dealings with Montague and Co.," she replied.

"I'm on it," Adam replied.

"And Adam?" Willow continued.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Burns doesn't need to know this information came from me, alright?"

Willow sensed his confusion over the phone, "Whatever you say, Willow," he answered.

She had just hung up when she felt a hand on her back. She almost jumped.

Matthew gave her a look of concern, "Is everything alright?" he asked.

Willow smoothed out her skirt and smiled up at him, "Everything is fine," she replied.

The two of them boarded the plane hand in hand.

————
Author's Note:
I was so thrilled to see this story got over 100k views! I've been in school these past few months so I haven't been able to update :/ but starting in December I'll be updating more! This chapter is a little taste of what's to come!