Chapter Seven: Narrowly Avoided

Before she could react, Jack pulled her into his arms. A group of skateboarders passed by.

Willow's heart began to race, but it wasn't because of the boys on skateboards. Jack's chest was warm and hard, his arms tightened around her before letting go.

"Sorry about that," he said with a smile. "I didn't want you to get hit."

"Thanks for saving me. I don't think they would have stopped for me," she said shakily.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern marring his handsome features. "You look a bit shaken."

"I'm fine," she said quickly.

Jack checked his watch. "Well, I have a meeting to attend. I'll see you around Willow."

"Bye Jack," she called as he walked away.

She took a deep breath and tried to let go of the moment; men are such distractions.

After getting lunch and coffee, she rushed back to the office.

Adam gave her a look of concern, "Mr. Burns says he wants to see you immediately."

Willow groaned inwardly, what now?

She knocked on his office door before entering timidly. Mr. Burns was leaning against his desk.

"Ms. Pearson, have a seat," he said, gesturing towards an empty chair.

Feeling nervous, Willow sat on the edge of her seat.

"I have it on good authority, that you've gotten comfortable with Jack Montague," he said, his eyes gleaming coldly.

Her mouth opened and closed, she didn't know what to say. This whole situation seemed unbelievable.

"Do you know who that man is, Ms. Pearson."

"I know he's the CEO of Montague and Co. but-"

He strode over to Willow and tipped up her chin with his hand, "Don't get close to him," he said, his eyes seething. His gaze remained locked on her. There seemed to be something distinctly territorial about this.

Willow got up from her chair and took a step back.

"You need to respect boundaries, sir," she clipped back.

He almost growled, "You don't know what type of man Montague is. He'll use you and throw you to the wolves when he's done."

She gave an incredulous laugh, "I'm not out to date anyone. I'm only here to do my job."

"Keep it that way," he snapped, before leaving the office.