Chapter Eighteen: High-Flying

Willow boarded Matthew's private jet in a trance. She couldn't even imagine herself sitting in first class on a commercial flight, let alone sitting in a private jet with her handsome boss.

The jet was immaculate and had plenty of large, comfortable seats. Along with a conference table, the plane included two plasma screen TVs and a working shower. Much to Willow's delight, the plane also had its own fully stocked minibar.

Matthew was smiling at Willow as he watched her gaze in wonder at their surroundings.

"Do you like it?" he asked, already knowing her answer.

She turned and gave him a dazzling smile. "It's great!" she said.

He leaned forward and whispered so that only she could hear him, "Your innocent smile makes me want to do some not so innocent things to you."

Her eyes widened before she gave him a mischievous smile, "Is that so, Mr. Burns?" she asked coyly, batting her eyelashes.

He grinned and purposefully brushed up against her before sitting down.

Willow sat in the aisle across from him, and looked through her planner.

Matthew frowned, "Why are you sitting all the way over there?"

He patted the plush seat next to him, "Join me," he commanded, a sensuous look in his eyes.

Willow swallowed hard before moving beside him.

"There," he said, brushing her lips with his hand, "that's better."

A polite cough from the aisle abruptly ended their shared moment of intimacy.

A flight attendant was standing beside them, and asked if they wanted anything to drink before take-off.

Willow blushed a deep red; she mentally berated herself this wasn't a romantic getaway, this was an important business meeting that could affect the prosperity of Burns Incorporated. She needed to get a grip and focus on the business at hand, but the businessman beside her was much more appealing...

The flight attendant left to prepare their drink orders. Matthew had ordered some whiskey while Willow asked for a Coke.

"No day-drinking today Willow?" he teased.

She took a deep breath. "Not until we get through our work," she replied.

Matthew leaned back, his arms behind his head.

"What work?" he asked leisurely.

Willow noticed that Matthew's muscular chest seemed to strain against the fabric of his shirt.

She licked her lips and looked down before replying, "We have to go through the itinerary for the trip, it'll make everything run a little more smoothly."

Before he could reply, the flight attendant brought their drinks.

"We'll be taking off shortly," the flight attendant informed them with a smile. "We're just waiting for the all-clear from the control tower."

"Thank-you Susan," Matthew replied, his eyes resting on Willow's nervous face.

After the flight attendant left for the cockpit, Matthew motioned towards the sheet of paper in Willow's hand.

"Alright then, let's go through the itinerary one last time."

Willow looked nervously up at him. "Would you mind if we waited until after take-off? Take-offs and landings makes me kind of jumpy," she confessed.

Matthew's hand lightly caressed her cheek.

"Of course," he said kindly.

The pilot came on the intercom to announce their departure. Willow gripped her armrests in anticipation.

She felt Matthew's hand grip hers, the tension in her body began to dissipate. She gave him a small smile which he returned.

He didn't want to let go.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Sorry for the hiatus, but I'm posting now~~

Another airplane chapter coming up soon!