Bird

You went back to your cell alone. Everything was scary. The walls, the people, even the flowers was scary.

Where am I? 

The noise in the hall startled you. The dripping noise made you shiver. The squeaky cell door made you feel so cold. The halls were dark and wet.

What is it wet? It didn't even rain.

The rats the floors were running around and squeaking. There was trash all over the floor. Even blood. It smelt bad. Really bad. It was like death dropped his cologne and didn't clean it up.

I thought the school cared about their school. I thought they were clean. Dear god, what happened here. Who died? Was it the good?

You exited the halls and enter the outdoors. The courtyard. It was completely quiet and empty. There was trash in the bushes and trees, there was ripped up clothes on the ground, there was blood on the table, and puke. You almost puked. 

Everything was bad. There was no good left. It like it escaped from this place and the bad entered. Suddenly a bird flew to the table. It sat there, looking at you. You decided to sit down and talk to the bird. 

"Hello bird. Why are you here? You know there a much prettier place to visit."

The bird didn't answer. It looked at you and chirped.

"You know, this place was beautiful. But something happened. I don't know what happened tho."

The bird moved closer.

"This place. It not a prison nor a school. It's certainly not home." You sighed.

The bird chirped as if it was asking you a question.

"What happened you asked. Well, I guess it started with my friend got hurt. He was hurt bad. But don't worry. He's in the hospital getting all fixed up. Anyways, I was in a room with three different people. One was a guard, the other was a principal and the last was like me. The principal left because the guard was being annoying. Then right when the principle left, the guard said something." You stopped. You looked at the bird. It jumped in your hands. You chuckled then continue.

"He told us that everything is not what it seem. Then I left. Huh, I realized something bird. Do you want to know?"

The bird chirped.

"I believe him. The guard was right. He helped me open my eyes and showed me the truth about this place. And that this place aight right. Clearly something wrong but I'm not going to get involved. I'm put myself in a good environment, because all the negativity and badness is bad for your soul. It does you no good. Well, I got to head back to my cell. Fly on little birdy. Bye!"

You got up and watched the bird fly away. Just one day, that will be me.