The Exiled Children

A/N: Just a quick note to say thank you for reading, voting and commenting on my story. Sometimes it's hard to answer every comment because I'm afraid to say to much, but I read every one of them happily. Thank you for your encouragement, you are all wonderful <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Kong POV

I gently pull him closer trying to soothe him, but whatever he is dreaming of isn't something welcome. He moans again, before pulling away to sit up, breathing hard. I sit with him lightly rubbing his arm until he looks at me.

"Did you have a bad dream Kitten?" I ask.

He watches me before pushing me back and lying down again with his head on my chest. I gently run my fingers through his hair, waiting until his breathing evens. He's still awake but calmer, this isn't the first time he's had a nightmare.

We both have our own demons, things we have done that keep us awake. Even though what you did was right and for good reason, things always had a habit of coming to haunt you when you were alone in the night.

He's been a little strange since he came back with Tum. The man hadn't woken yet, still in the healer rooms under watch. Arthit had informed Fon, she was sitting with him. So, he was here, now the time came for a few answers.

I know Arthit wants to say something, but he's not used to asking for things he wants from others. I hold him closer, that will change. He will ask me freely and I will give him what he wants, that new hope had begun to replace the darkness of the nights.

~~~~~~~~~~

Evening in the Palace.

"He slipped out of rooms, he knocked out a guard." Pridi sounds annoyed. "He was watched all day but he didn't wake."

"Fon?" I ask walking.

"She had gone to see to her child." He tells me. "She raised the alarm when she returned and saw the guard."

"He wasn't faking his injuries and he had travelled hard." Tee says from my other side. "I didn't think it unexpected it took a while for him to wake."

We walk into the meeting rooms, my Elite have already arrived and are discussing the events. Em moves towards me but a whistle rents the air. Both he and Pridi sigh in relief, he's been found.

"Where is Arthit?" I ask Em.

"He's with Fon."

I sit, it isn't long before the doors open and the guards walk in with him. Em sits beside me as Pridi stands a little in front. From my angle I can see the man, it isn't hard to understand why Tee though him little threat, he looked ready to fall any moment. He limped in slowly before turning to stand.

It was the look in his eyes, the lost dead look that touched something in me. He thought this was his end, no he knew this was his time to die. He stood tall and faced us, his executioners with his head held high.

"Foolish to run boy." Pridi's says angrily. "It makes things worse."

"Any man sentenced to die will try to live a little longer." He replies.

His eyes widen when Pridi moves to stand behind me, he's realised who I am. I see his hand shake before he hides it.

"Show respect." Em snaps when he just stands and stares.