Cat vs. dog

LYDIA DEETZ AND FINAL FANTASY 7

Capítulo 5: Cat vs. dog

In the weeks that followed, Percy showed the group around the place.

"This is Lydia's school, located in the residential neighborhood of Peaceful Pines," Percy frowned.

"What's going on, Percy?" Barrett asked him.

"All the girls here are cretins, they think that because they are rich they can do whatever they want, Lydia has no friends in this place. The funny thing is that Lydia has more money than everyone in the city put together, but she doesn't like to brag about it."

"How's that?" Biggs asked him and Percy explained how Lydia rewrote "The Handbook for the Recently Deceased", earning an incredible fortune from No World.

"Lydia is very famous in No World, they even awarded her a medal... I know, I'll show you Lydia's medal!" Percy jumped up happy.

"That's impressive," said Barrett. "Emm, tell me Percy, can anyone go to No World?"

The girls looked at Barrett with pity as they knew where the question was going, Barrett's wife had been killed by Shinra's people.

"I'm sorry, Barrett, but only someone with magic can go there, and it's still forbidden to anyone alive. Only Lydia is the exception, well, Lydia and the cats."

"The family of the felines?" Nanaki was surprised.

"Yes, we cats can be on various existential planes or dimensions, if you prefer to call it that," Percy reported proudly.

The group cut through a creepy looking cemetery.

"That tree looks terrifying," shuddered Jesse, pointing to a tree that looked dead and twisted, with holes that emulated eyes and a wide, evil mouth.

"That tree is still alive, Lydia, who can see the aura of things, says it is a beautiful tree, with a very gentle and kind nature," Percy told them as he approached the tree.

"Lydia is right," said Aerith as she placed her palm on the tree.

"Can you also see the aura of the tree?" Tifa asked her.

"No, I can't see the aura like Lydia, but I can also feel that the tree is very kind."

The group crossed a picturesque covered bridge and climbed the hill to reach Lydia's house.

"Here it is, what do you think!" he showed them happy Lydia's award.

Everyone was amazed, the medal was the size of a plate and was made of solid gold, strange and macabre reliefs were found on its surface.

"Amazing," admitted Cloud.

Percy also showed them some newspaper clippings from No World, about Lydia and everyone read them carefully.

.

.

The days continued to go by in peace and everyone in the group spent their days training or doing some work or other. Wedge always offered to help Tifa with the kitchen and then to clean the dishes, also did exercises and started training with his weapon thanks to a sword fighting book that Percy bought him in town.

Wedge was doing his best to beat Percy in private combat sessions. Percy didn't know how to fight with swords but he made up for it with his superhuman strength and made Wedge's arms and legs work hard every time he stopped the cat boy's brutal attacks.