The cry of the giant

LYDIA DEETZ AND FINAL FANTASY 7

Capítulo 11: The cry of the giant

The desert prison was a horrible place, there were neither guards nor walls, since a deadly desert was in charge of eliminating whoever was crazy enough to try to cross it, and if hunger or dehydration did not do the work, the monsters that swarmed the place would account for the foolish.

"What a horrible place," said Aerith apprehensive.

"This is hell," whispered Jesse as she approached Biggs and held his arm.

"Don't walk away," Biggs warned Jesse as he watched the prisoners watching behind the piles of scrap metal scattered all over the place.

Some of the prisoners were approaching where the group was and they knew that the only thing stopping them was that they were in front of a large and compact group.

"All of you, surround Lydia and protect her," Wedge ordered calmly and without taking his eyes off the prisoners.

Many of the prisoners pointed at the women and began to mumble to each other.

"We'd better move on," Yuffie told them, and when she turned around she came face to face with a madman who smiled at her in a stupid way.

"kyaaaa!" shouted the girl and took refuge behind Cait.

"Calm down Yuffie, come on, we'd better get moving." the robot calmed her down.

"Wait a minute," said Wedge and pulled his pants up to check his knee.

"Damn, I have about three teeth embedded in my knee," Wedge complained and pulled these out later.

The madman lunged at the teeth and tried to embed them in his toothless mouth.

Nanaki, frightened, began to howl pitifully.

"Let no one part," said Cloud, and the group began to move forward in a compact grouping.

The group arrived in what appeared to be a somewhat safer area, at least the ragged-looking prisoners and several of the madmen stopped following them.

"God, that was horrible," cried Tifa.

"Don't worry, Lydia, we're safe now," Percy assured her, looking around nervously.

"Thank you Percy, thank you guys for protecting me," Lydia thanked them, who was no longer shaking.

As they continued walking, they approached a rolling house that looked so bad that the offensive graffiti on its surface was the only thing that gave it a touch of color and life.

"What will those men do at the entrance? They look like guards," said Aerith nervously as she watched as several prisoners began to pile up and make obscene gestures at her.

"The "boss" of the prison is surely there," Wedge pointed out as he approached his cousin to protect her, as did Percy.

"Let's go in and talk to the boss, maybe he'll tell us something about Barrett," Biggs suggested, protecting Jesse with his left arm as he turned his face as he saw several men lewdly sticking their tongues out.

"Let's get the fuck in." Yuffie who was glued to Cloud the same as Tifa.

The group approached the mobile home, but the "guards" cut them off. Only one of us could meet the boss.