Chapter 18: The First Date

March 1, 2017 (6:50am)
Birmingham, England

Only Thomas Stanley Holland can get me out of bed, voluntarily, before the crack of dawn to go on a date. Who gets up this early for a date? I'm not at my best until at least 8:30am so god knows what Tom is gonna think when he sees me. Well, he'll be shocked to see the pink hair has left the building and been turned into my natural brunette colour.

My clothes were definitely reflecting my mood this morning. I wore a black, long sleeved crop top paired with dark blue ripped jeans and black and white Adidas shoes. I was umming and ahhing about whether to put the cap on or not, but then I realised that people would probably recognise us and the last thing I needed was a mob. Cap is was, then.

I sat at the dining room table drinking my Yorkshire Tea whilst watching Good Morning Britain

I sat at the dining room table drinking my Yorkshire Tea whilst watching Good Morning Britain. My mom and dad had just gone to work so I was in the house alone. I stroked my cat, Marley, who was perched on my lap and purring away. As soon as I finished my tea, the doorbell rang. I stood up, put the mug in the sink and rushed to the door. Marley followed me to the door and meowed for me to open it. I stopped briefly to gather myself and take deep breaths before turning the latch and opening the door.

Tom bounced from foot to foot with his hands shoved into his hoodie pockets. His gaze shot up from the floor once he heard the door and a smile adorned his face. Taking a closer look, I realised that wrinkles appeared in the corners of his eyes when he smiled. It was cute and I felt myself focusing on the creases as I talked to him.

"You're early," I said.

Tom's face dropped and he looked at his watch.

"Oh, shit, sorry," he apologised. "I thought it was 7. I didn't want to be too early."

I chuckled nervously. "It's fine, you're not that early. Shall we go?"

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go."

He stepped out of the porch to allow me to close the front door. He walked me to his grey Audi A8 parked in front of the driveway. I reached for the door handle but he beat me to it and opened the door for me. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Wow, your mother would be proud, Holland," I teased.

"I hope so. She taught me well," he said.

I got into the front seat and Tom closed the door. He rushed over to the driver's seat and got into the car. He turned the key in the ignition to start the car, but loud AC/DC music blasted through the speakers. We both jumped in our seats and I plugged my ears to block out the sound. Tom lunched forward and turned the speakers down. He turned to me and chuckled nervously.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was that loud," he said.

"Robert has rubbed off on you quite a lot, hasn't he?" I laughed.

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice," he admitted.

"It's hard not to when you pick me up in an Audi, blast AC/DC songs and wear high tops."