Chapter 16: Avengers and Guardians Assemble!

January 23, 2017
Pinewood Atlanta Studios, Atlanta, Georgia

I twitched and fidgeted in the makeup chair as Hannah was fixing my hair. For this film, Joe Russo let me decide what colour hair I wanted as part of Anna Maria's character development. My mom had a coronary when I told her what colour I was going for but she soon came around to it when my hair was dyed. I suggested the space buns since my character was going to space, the whole film is set in space and we were fighting space creatures.

 I suggested the space buns since my character was going to space, the whole film is set in space and we were fighting space creatures

This was it. This was the big one. Avengers: Infinity War.

When Kevin Feige called my mom to arrange a meeting in London just before Christmas, I genuinely believed that it was gonna be bad. I kept trying to think about what I did wrong and why they wanted to see me. But as it turns out, Kevin placed a contract in front of me as soon as I sat down and told me that they wanted Anna Maria Marconi in Avengers: Infinity War.

Not gonna lie, I did fangirl in front of them. Fangirling in front of your boss is a big no no.

Once my hair and makeup was finished, I left the makeup trailer and got into the gold cart to drive to set. Yes, we need golf carts to get us places.

The trailer park was enormous. There were at least 70 trailers there for the cast, crew, makeup and costume departments. It was a man-made town that I would be residing in for the next six weeks. Some of the trailers were for the cast of Black Panther, who had started shooting the film two days ago in the same studios. Honestly, I think it's against health and safety to have this many trailers and this many people in the same place at the same time.

The golf cart pulled up outside the studios. Me and my mom entered the building and as soon as I stepped inside, I was floored.

The entire set took my breath away. Immediately, I recognised the scene from Tony's worst nightmare in Age of Ultron and my heart sped up. This was insane. I was actually on the set of an Avengers film. Someone pinch me.

"Alright, then," a masculine voice behind me boomed.

I felt a sharp prick on my arm and I leaped backwards. I rubbed my sore arm and turned to the assailant who assaulted my arm. His deep laugh, light brown curls and signature beard belonged to the main Guardian himself: Chris Pratt.

I gapped like a goldfish and my eyes widen. What a first meeting, Ellen. Chris was still laughing from his prank and he pretended to wipe a tear from his eye.

"I'm sorry I did that," he apologised. "But I just couldn't resist."

Now I was confused. I furrowed my eyebrow and Chris saw that I had no idea what he was on about.

"I heard what you said before. About asking someone to pinch you," he cleared up.

I opened my mouth in an 'O' when I realised that I had actually spoken aloud and not in my head as I thought.