Chapter 25: Birthday Bash

June 1, 2017
Tom's Apartment, London

I found myself creeping around the apartment early in the morning, gathering Tom's presents, making them look pretty and preparing a birthday breakfast for him whilst he was still asleep. Thankfully, the boy was a heavy sleeper and could sleep through an apocalypse.

I took the balloons and presents out of the cupboard and brought them to the living room. A black balloon were tied around each present I got him.

 A black balloon were tied around each present I got him

Ok, there are a LOT of presents. But it was his first birthday as a couple and he was 21. He deserved it.

Tessa got out of her bed and rushed over to the presents. She sniffed around them and tried to bite the bows off some of them but I shoved her away before she could destroy them. Once that was done, I made a start on breakfast. Nicola told me to feed him well because his brothers and Harrison had planned on taking him out tonight. Lottie and I were going with them but Tom didn't know about any of it.

The smell of bacon, sausage and eggs filled the apartment and I prayed that Tom wouldn't wake up before I got the food to him. I plated it up, made a cup of tea and carried it into the room. Tessa followed me in and jumped onto my side of the bed. I placed the tea and breakfast on the side and tried to wake Tom up.

He was lying on his front, clutching his pillow and the duvet pooled around his naked torso. I buried my hand through his curls to smooth them out and remove the tangles. He squirmed under my hand but went back to sleep. I giggled and decided to up my game. I kneeled in the bed and threw myself over Tom's body, burying my head in his neck and wrapping myself around his body like a koala. Tom groaned under me and blew a piece of my hair off his face.

"Really? Can't you just be a normal person for once?" He groaned.

"Nope. I can't do that. Otherwise the fun will leave the relationship," I giggled.

I picked myself up and perched on the side of the bed. Tom rolled over in the bed and smiled sleepily at me. He rubbed his eyes and glanced over at the food on the table. Immediately, he sat up and licked his lips.

"I thought I could smell bacon," he said.

"I made you breakfast. Only this once since it's your birthday," I chuckled.

Tom gazed at me and smiled.

"Thank you, love."

"Happy birthday, Tom," I said.

He pecked my lips lightly before grabbing the plate and digging into his breakfast. Tessa laid on the bed watching her owner carefully to see if he would gift her any food. I laughed and stood up.

"I've leave you to it," I said.

I stopped before I walked out the door and turned around.

"By the way, there's a surprise in the living room when you're ready."