King admits, Diane's doubt

king's pov

i was so upset and angry to see y/n flirt with diane. i love her, she's been my love since we first met years ago. that's it! tomorrow i'm going to admit to diane that i've loved her since i've known her. her beauty, and humor, and everything!

next day

i float out to diane early in the morning and hum slightly waking her up gently. "d-diane i need to tell you something."

"what do you want you hurt y/n yesterday. are you trying to make that okay" she says harshly. i look down upset and nod slightly.

"i-i acted that way be-" i start but get cut off.

"i don't want to hear your excuses." she says glaring.

"please let me explain!" i raise my voice slightly to a glare.

"fine!" she screams obviously pissed.

"I LOVE YOU!" i yell black blushing brightly. how will she react?

diane's pov

he loves me? but captain, i love him and y/n so sweet and cute and funny. i don't think of king that way he's just sweet and nice but dorky and dense sometimes.

"i'm sorry but i don't feel that way" i say gently.

"NO YOU DON'T GET IT! I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE I'VE MET YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST THING IN THIS WORLD AND THE REASON I'M IN THIS GROUP OF IDIOTS STILL!" he screams. i blink shocked.

"group of idiots?" a quiet tired voice comes from the tavern door. i look over to see y/n he h/c hair  slightly messed up from sleep.

"YES YES THESE IDIOTS!" he continues. y/n glares and he glares back "and you know what y/n! I wouldn't mind f the holy knights got you, then i would finally have diane and we could be together forever!" he says.
a/ while writing this king is making me think of my friends ex so i might start basing him off him slightly. but he was talking to me on how he would pretend to be nice to me to fool her then they would marry and have a son named sephtis because thats our oc.

i can't believe him. "fat chance" but before i could finish y/n's run off crying obviously shocked and scared. i feel so bad even though it's not my fault. "KING LOOK WHAT YOU DID YOU MADE HER RUN AWAY WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T COME BACK!" i yell scolding him. he shrinks back as i glare