Lessons ( 1 of 2 )

Silent

Soft

Slow

Flakes of tinged grey ash float around the gathered group.

Inhaling, the air seems to taste burnt, scorched.

His sound falters.

The Savage searches the skies with bleary eyes. There is a stumble to his legs.

"I deserve more than just to be screwed  by my mate. I deserved to be left where I was. I was happy there, I was fed, I was taken care of. Here I am miserable, hungry, neglected."

"Bessa,-" He pales.

"Don't, nothing you say will matter to me. Nothing you can do will matter to me. I'm second, I never mattered. I was never thought of, I was never taken into any consideration." We both exhale out long, slow breaths.

"You've ruined so much." Letting those words hang in the air.

Twisted

Ripped

Torn

Internal emotions gathering strength to the point he needs to shift his feet.

"Bessa, I should have never done what I did." His words come out in a rush of apologetic sound.

"It's too late, you did. You brought me back here to become your breeder. You never wanted to find me. You never wanted me in the first place. So I'll let you screw me because that's all that has been saved between us."

"There's more than that left for us." He blocks my view of the houses that have no shells left - they've burnt down collapsing on themselves.

"You're right there is more than that left. If I mark you," staring him in the eyes. "I get to see it all, don't I?" Green eyes dull in the stoic expression of his face. His features hardening, his chest taking in a more profound breath. He doesn't answer, but his eyes close before he opens them again slowly to face me.

"I get to see you fall in love, I get to see her bareness, your lust for her. I get to see the tattoos you put on your body for her and the pride you both felt with each kill you had drawn on your skin." There is a build up of rage now, a simmer starting just before a boil.

He remains standing solidly in front of me, not looking away taking my words that are directed into that small heart of his.

"I'll be able to see all your days, and nights together. I'll see her dance, how she must have stripped to reveal each portion of her body slowly for you, only for you isn't that right?" I wait until he can find his downturned sound.

"Yes," his eyes flash away the shine to them. Mine won't blink away the salty water that's surfacing instead they let one tear drop after the other just thinking about that dead female and all they have shared together.

"I get to see how she pleased herself for you while you watched." I hold for his answer.

"Yes, you'll see it all." His lips press hard, firm, to the point they blanch slightly.

"I think the best part for me is that I'll be able to smell her essence from your memories. Could you almost taste it on your tongue?" A gag comes up from the bowels of my stomach. It smells putrid and rancid.

"Bessa, this has to stop." He's not looking away.

"How can I stop? It's easy for you to say, could you stop if it was you?"

Silence...

"No." A defeated tone of a word falls flat on the ground.

"Then answer my question. Could you almost taste her on your tongue?"