The Nature Of Skin

Eyesight shifts away.

Luki can't look into my direction. His shoulders are hunched over trying to salvage his ruined shelter.

...pausing his breath.

"Luna Bessa," a swallow. "I apologize for how affected I was in your presence." There is a formality within the sound of him.

"I'm ashamed of myself," Luki can't even look at me. His head hangs down.

"Do you think my mate will feel shame from me for my reaction to you?"

A bend in his spine.

"I hope not, Luki. You were helping your brother's mate and your nephew. You didn't act on anything. You are a male that will give your mate everything you're supposed to and more." He holds the curve of back that's not straightening out.

"Don't be ashamed Luki; it's within a males Nature to be affected by females. What's important is you never allowed your cock to rule your mind."

Luki regards me - in the eyes.

"Did he touch her?" Tears bite their way out of Luki's eyes. Fingers clutch the hide that's in ruin. His voice is threatening destruction.

"He never touched her. Not once. I believe him. But he did feed her. Over and over again." My voice competes with the material that is tearing in Luki's hand. Luki's body seems to heave itself up and down.

"Did he touch her?" Again Luki asks again because there is a disbelief in the rage of him.

"No, Luki. He never touched her." Stepping closer to the male who is flexing in the skin of himself.

"He's my brother, Luna. But you are now my sister." Inhaling deeply, Luki's heartbeat can be heard over my breathing. Touching his back, he freezes. Spine stiffens.

"I apologize for not doing more, saying more. My sister." Luki closes his eyes. Shakes underneath a weight that sinks him into the ground. The water starts to cover the top of his feet.

"Luki, don't apologize. Weak males always get lead by their cocks." Looking down at the pup that's covered completely against my chest. My male will not be ruled by what's between his legs, silently promising myself. He will be raised properly, with a passion for only his mate. To live and act as if his mate always walks by his side in the judgement of who he is and who he will become, until the day they meet.

...alpha.

"My brother is not worthy of his Luna." Standing, he adjusts himself underneath the loincloth that is stained with the fluids of birth. His face, hands, and leg have the dry blood of my body clinging to his skin.

"You're right; he's not worthy of his Luna."Now tears try to bite behind my eyes to make them water out in their trail of salt.

"Luki, we should clean ourselves, and I need to clean him," Looking underneath the hide that covers the newborn from the sun's harsh rays. He's sleeping, soundly.

The pup has soaked and fouled up the loincloth he's in.

"Luki, my pack is gone."

"I know, I couldn't carry your pack and you." A failure to breath out complete his words lodges into the base of his throat. Luki tears strips of fabric from the destroyed shelter.

"It's alright, Luki. It's not your fault. I shouldn't have taken my pack off, no matter how heavy it becomes."

"You were in labor, Bessa. It had to come off. I should have been able to carry both, but I couldn't." Again his spine slants his standing position.