The In-between Of Ribs

Seasons pass one after the other, time moves forward. 

Borson stretches, his loincloth shifts. 

Hold.

 Focus.

 Breathe.

"Do you want to go hunting?"  His voice hints at a question, but he knows what I want. His greens brighten. 

I love the summer.

He plays the doe, I play the lion until it's no longer playtime. A sensation dips from my throat to spread through my core. I feel drenched. Borson lifts his nose. Inhaling. His eyes hunt into mine.

"Hunting? No. Don't take mother. You never come back with any dinner." Odin shoves the blunt end of his spear into the ground. His father told him this is the last summer he will hold a spear after the winter trails he will be a juvenile with teeth, not a pup who needs a spear. 

"Odin, your mother is an expert hunter," I try to hold my smile away with the way he said, expert hunter. The tease is blatant. 

"No, she's not. We will starve." Odin stomps with a lift of his lip. Borson is on him. Both show each other teeth. Odin's are coming through his gums, he's finally losing his puppy teeth. His voice cracks the sound of the hidden Wild's growl out of his chest. His father plunges a growl through Odin's chest until Odin's teeth tuck back inside him. 

"No, you won't starve. You're taking Elska frog hunting. Tie her right hand to her side, Odin. Ryeson, no helping her."  Both males are open-mouthed, they don't refuse their father, but they want to. Especially Odin, he's becoming challenging to everything. Outbursts of uncontrolled aggression that has him trying to challenge all the males around him, including his father. 

 Luki glides in with Elska holding his hand. "I believe Elska might catch the biggest frogs to have ever lived," Luki claims victory for Elska before the hunt begins. 

"Elska, don't go past your knees. Luki, watch her, she can't swim yet." It's a stern order for Elska. She nods her head, but I'm still cautious of her trying to do things that she's not ready for. 

"As you command, Luna." He bows with understanding. We almost lost Elska last summer when she tried to swim out to her brothers in the lake. She sank down - Borosn found her on the bottom. Not breathing. He didn't give up on her until she pulled in a breath - we all choked together and slept underneath the furs as a family when it was bedtime.  I still wake up gasping clenching my throat in the middle of the night. Borson's arms wrap around me in those times, with his lips pressed against my forehead. I let him love the fear away from me on those nights. 

When he wakes to choke and shake, it's me who will wrap my arms around him. I love him on those night with my mouth, with my body and soul, but I can't say the words he desperately is begging to hear. I can't say I love you. I can't say three words, they get stuck in-between the space of my ribs. 

"Are you ready, Bessa?" His voice saturates my sex. Borson swallows - anticipation shouts loud and clear from those greens. I clench involuntarily. The muscles in his upper thighs quiver, his feet push down into the ground. Ready to run. I'm ready. 

I'm ready to feast. I can't resist anymore. 

A weak moment.

The summer breeze is gentle, not like the unbridled pound of my heartbeat. Space in-between ribs expand allowing some comfort when taking his scent in.

 I ache for him. 

He starts to walk away, I try to keep my steps calm. It's hard watching the way his body afflicts my eyes. The loincloth rides low, the top of his ass flexes. One cheek, then the next. I am blindly following him to the edge of the clearing where the trees start to hide us from sight.