Chapter 3: His Supervisor

"You look different, Gwen."

I used to love the sound of him mentioning my name, but right now, it sounded bizarre.

Napaangat ako ng tingin sa kanya maintaining a poker face. I really hate him so much. Ewan ko paano ko natatagalan na makasama siya ngayon sa iisang kwarto na  kaming dalawa.

Sinabi ko pa naman na ayoko na siyang makita o makasama. But look at where we are now. Looks like the universe has its own way to show its humor.

"You know why," I said in a matter of fact with a glare. He was taken aback.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "So, let's begin." I set up my laptop and pulled up the file that shows the schedule of his training for two months. "I have here the lists of what you need to learn and do for the next two months. I will have Ines print this out and give it to you, so you have your own copy. Kasama na dito ang schedule mo kay kuya. I will print out the first page para may idea ka sa gagawin mo today," I said and did something in my laptop.

"Wow, you even sounded like a strict professor now. Hmm... you've changed so much."

Hindi ko pinansin ang sinabi niya and just pressed the print button sa laptop ko.

"What have you been doing for the last years simula nung hindi tayo nagkita? It must be something big kaya malaki ang pinagbago mo ngayon."

I faced him. I wanted to say 'shut up' in front of his face but I controlled myself. Mas lalo akong nainis because he was plastering his playboy grin again. He used that to seduce me before and I was stupid to fall to that trap.

"It's none of your business anymore. Isa pa, you left my life kaya wala kanang pakialam pa sa kung ano man ang nangyari sa akin," I said and stood up.

"But I'm curious, Gwen. Your changes bothered me a lot. Hmm..." Then he cupped his chin "...but you look prettier and more gorgeous now. Are you dating someone?"

I took the paper from the printer and placed it on the table in front of him.

"No personal questions."

I grabbed a highlighter and circled the list of the things he would do today.

"Ito yung gagawin mo ngayon. Dad and the supervisor thoroughly planned this for your benefit para after two months, hindi kanaman kahiya-hiya sa dad mo."

"Who's the supervisor?"

"Me," I answered na kinatawa niya.

"Baka pinahirapan mo 'to ha. Mukhang galit ka pa naman sa akin," he said laughing.

Napataas ako ng kilay. "Mas madali na nga yan para matapos mo agad. Pero syempre we will teach you based on the standards we have here. Ayoko naman mapahiya kay tito if hindi ka namin naturuan ng tama. So you better be serious here. Cooperate with us and show some respect on me kasi ako ang mag e-evaluate ng performance mo," I said and sat back on my chair.

He had this playful look again as he leaned closer to me. Natigilan ako kaya hindi agad ako nakalayo nung lumapit ang mukha niya. Thank goodness that there's a table in between us.

"Bakit hindi ba magaling ang performance ko? I doubt it. I always make you happy. Hindi pa ba sapat 'yon to prove that I am a good performer?" he said and grinned.

I moved my head backwards. He's still the same guy I knew —green minded and playful. Now I knew why our relationship didn't work out. How stupid I was to cry for a guy like him.

I threw a dagger look at him and smirked as I responded, "Sisiguraduhin ko ring makakarating ito sa daddy mo."

Tumayo na ako and picked up my phone saka naglakad palabas.

"Gwen, wait up! Hindi kana mabiro. Don't tell dad magagalit yun."

Hindi ko siya pinansin at dumiretso lang maglakad. He kept saying nonsense kaya hindi ako nag abalang makinig o sumagot. I just smiled at the employees na bumabati sa akin instead of entertaining his nonsense.

I stopped when I reached my destination.

"Gwen, are you upset—"

"Everyone," I called out the people in the financial department. "This is Aaron Loyzaga. He will be part of your department this week. I want you to train him on how the finances flow in and out of the company. Alam kong na-orient na kayo of what to do with him."

"Akala ko ikaw ang magtre-train sa akin?" He asked confused.

"I am but as your supervisor, trabaho ko lang ang tingnan kung natututo ka and evaluate you if you need further training. They will be the ones na mostly makakasama mo."

"But dad said—"

"Oh please, Aaron. I have a more important job to do than babysitting a spoiled brat na walang ginawa kundi mag-travel sa buong mundo and spend his family's money."

Mahina lang ang pagkasabi ko nun na kaming dalawa lang ang nakakarinig. Kahit galit ako sa kanya, hindi ako yung tipo na gustong ipahiya siya sa ibang tao o ang siraan siya sa iba.

Ngumisi siya." So... Nakikibalita kaparin pala sakin. Ikaw ha," he teased.

"In your dreams. Your dad just told my dad of how useless you have become." Ngumisi ako when he looked offended. He shut up instantly and thank goodness he did.

"Kayo na ang bahala sa kanya. I'll be back later to check on him," I said and left them.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag nung nakalayo na ako sa department lalo na sa kanya. Being with him tortures me. Hindi ko talaga kaya na makasama siya kahit ilang sandali lang. It was a real torture.

I might be mean to him, but he deserved it. He has to know what he made me feel when he hurt and left me.

I couldn't wait for his training to be over.

28 May 2018
Miss Kae 💋

Women's Month.

A strong woman is ambitious. She does not stunt her individual growth if you try to hold her back in any way. She has dreams that she wants to work hard for and achieve. And if you are the kind of person that is going to hamper her path to progression, she will not hesitate to set you free.

Women, #BeAmbitious #BeBold🙏🏼