Chapter 32: Coincidence?

Gwen's POV

Nauna na akong tumayo pagkalapag palang ng eroplano. I grabbed my things and went out of the plane. I had to hurry kasi ayaw kong magkasabay kami.

Ines organized to have someone pick me up. I scanned my eyes around at wala parin akong makita na Black Everest Ford na kotse. Bakit ang tagal?

"Do you need a ride?" Someone spoke.

Nabigla ako nung una but I quickly composed myself when I realized who owned that voice.

"Salamat nalang. I have a ride."

He was about to say something but then I hurriedly walked away when I saw the black Ford car approaching. Mabilis akong sumakay nung tumigil ito sa harapan ko.

"Empire Suite Hotel, kuya," I told the driver.

Habang papunta sa hotel ay binabasa ko ang mga documents na pinadala sa akin ni Ines. She said that I needed to be familiar of these, so I would have an idea on how to fix the problem. Also, I needed to know the background of the factory. Ilang employees ang nandoon and they needed their benefits dahil sa sumabog ang main outlet at madami sakanila ang naapektuhan. Thank God wala ni isa sa kanila ang nasugatan, but they had to be compensated due to temporary loss of their job because we needed to do some repairing before we would go back to our normal operation.

The valet guy opened the door for me when I arrived in front of the hotel. I thanked him before I walked inside to the receptionists' desk.

"Reservation for Gwen Hughes."

"Wait for a second, maam."

I nodded at her as she scanned her computer to find my reservation.

"A room reservation for Aaron Loyzaga please."

Gulat na napatingin ako sa lalaking katabi ko ngayon. He also faced towards me then he smiled.

Napakunot ang noo ko nung makita kong nakangiti siya. "Sinusundan mo ba ako?"

Nakangiti siyang umiling. "Hindi ba pwedeng nagkataon lang na dito rin ako nagbooked ng room ko?" I studied his face if he was telling the truth. "Hindi ka naniniwala? Ask them. I booked my reservation three months ago pa."

"Is he telling the truth?" Tanong ko sa isang receptionist na nag-a-assist sa kanya.

Tumango naman ito.

I cleared my throat and stood straight. "Okay na ba ang room ko?"

"I just checked you in, maam. Here is your key cards. Enjoy your stay!"

"Thank you."

Tumalikod na ako matapos kong kunin ang key card and while I was heading to the elevator, I noticed that Aaron was walking with me.

"Gwen, I haven't seen you in awhile. May I know how you are doing? How's your relationship with your dad?"

"I am okay and whatever is going on with me does not concern you," I answered bluntly. I saw his facial reaction changed.

The elevator door opened so I entered. Aaron also did the same. Tanging dalawa lang kami ang tao sa loob ng elevator.

"Gwen, do you think we are meant to see each other today? I mean, everything that is happening today is surprising."

I faced him boredly. "Aaron, maraming bagay na coincidence sa mundong ito pero hindi ibig sabihin nun ay may meaning na. You are just overthinking. Ikaw lang ang nag-iisip niyan."

"No, Gwen." He shook his head. "I don't believe in coincidence. I gave you space just what you asked me. At sabi ko sa sarili ko, sa susunod na magkita tayo, I will do my best to apologize to you."