Chapter Five - Just a Fan Girl crush

After thinking over if I like Matt,I decided against it.I mean,he's ten years older than me.But age is just a number,right? Ugh,stop it head!

"So,um,Eliza," he says nervously.I look over at him.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"W-would y-you l-like to hang out sometime?" he stutters. "NOT like a date,but just friends hanging out?"

"Sure!" I exclaim. "I'd love to."

Matt lets go of my hand and looks at me. "Your makeup is smudged," he describes.I produce from my purse wet wipes (which I always have just in case) and wipe around my eyes.He takes the wet wipe and cleans up my makeup for me.

"Thanks," I whisper and he nods.He opens the door and I step in.I see that Dad,Mom,Toby,Kalel,David,and Felix had gone.I'd guessed they went to look for me.Ryan looks up at me,tears streaked along his face. "I'm so sorry," he moans. "I'm so so sorry,this is all my fault." I sit down next to him and hug him.He cries still,but silently.

"It's not your fault," I whisper. "I just held a grudge.I know that you felt you couldn't handle me and I understand."

"I should have came to save you," he complains.I force him to look at me.

"It is completely fine," I insist. "You just weren't ready,and now I found a family that can care for me.It's no big deal." He nods and the tears slowly stop.

Slowly people start coming back from their search.The last is Mom and Dad with tear stricken faces. "Don't ever scare me like that again!" Dad scolds,hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I won't ever do that again.I swear."