The Maidens Part 3

(Character: Y/N)

As we walked into Vacuo some of the people eyed us from head-to-toe. I found this strange but Qrow didn't. From what he said it was normal for people to do this. I guess i should've expected this, considering what we had encountered just earlier. I activated Eule's gift and felt a hint of the power on top of us. I looked up startled by the fact that the maiden was watching us and the sky was open. Nothing in the air, not even a bird.

"Any sign of the maiden?" Oz asked in a whisper. I decided to try it again but no luck. The power i felt was gone. I shook my head. Qrow made a noise that told us to look around. We saw that people from the streets began surrounding us. They weren't getting closer or anything, they looked as if they were forming a big circle around us. As if they wanted us to make a move. We drew our weapons and formed a triangle as we watched for anyone trying to attack us. But none of them did make a move or even draw there weapons. Finally something happened as clapping was heard from atop of a building. Everyone looked up and saw the man who was clapping, including us.

He wore a pirate style hat with a giant black feather sticking off it and a tailcoat. As he jumped down from the building doing flip and landed directly in front of us. His hat fell off but he caught it and did a bow of sorts with it in his hand. Everyone around us began to look annoyed as he grew a huge grin.

"If i knew it was this easy to gather a crowd i would've done it long ago" The mystery boy said in a childish tone as he pulled a bronze flute out of his jacket. Everyone around us groaned and dispersed. "Aww" The man pouted as he put away his bronze flute. "Nice to meet you" He held out his hand and i took it happily. "The names Flint"

"Y/N" I responded. "That's Qrow and Oz" I said pointing to them.

"So you're the leader around here?" Qrow asked and Flint laughed.

"Ha! Heavens no." He said. "They just don't know how to respect the art of the tin whistle"

"Tin whistle?" I asked in confusing.

"You've never heard?" He asked surprised by us. "Wonderful! You'll love it" He assured as he twirled his bronze flute and began playing it. I would've assumed he was attacking us with the sound that it made. It sounded like a mixture between a knife being dragged against a chalkboard and someone screaming at the top of there lungs. People began pulling out there weapons and he stopped almost immediately.

"Is that your weapon?" I asked in a bit of a loud voice since my ears haven't recovered from his attempt at music. He laughed and i think he said no, i couldn't tell though. Once my hearing recovered, we made small talk and asked if he had a place to stay. Since he was the most trustworthy person we've encountered so far. Color be paranoid but i won't trust the inns here.

"Follow me" He walked ahead of us with a skip in his step. We came to a rundown building in a strange corner of Vacuo. He tried to open it and it was locked. He looked around and we sat in confusion. Why would he take us to a building that he couldn't open. "Stand watch for a second"

"What do you mean stand watch?" I asked with a bit of an annoyed tone. "Are you robbi-"

"And...Done!" Flint said interrupting me. He walked inside like he owned the place. We looked at each other before Qrow followed, then Oz, then me.

"Mi casa su casa" He insisted. I looked at him strangely still. Considering the fact that we just broke into the place he calls home.

"What type of faunus are you?" Oz asked, being the curious one. I didn't notice before but when he was picking the lock he didn't have a lock pick or anything used to open the door.