Surprise Encounter

(Character: Y/N)

It had been a week since we arrived at Beacon i've done everything in my power to avoid Ruby and Yang, like when it's lunch i hurry in and grab my food before everyone, which helps me avoid the bullies known as CRDL... They hate faunus cause they're bad humans. And when its class i sit in back and have my hoodie on which annoyed the teacher at first, but luckily Ozpin talked to all of them and made an exception for me. I think he knows but either way i'm thankful.

Of course i have had a few close encounters... But that's just gonna happen... I sighed and looked out the window in our room, father you'd tell me to face the past head on wouldn't you? Or you'd say something like you can't run away from the past forever and if you try, when it catches up it'll hit you harder and stronger than it would've if you faced it head on. You have to hit it before it hits you! It was bad wording but i knew he meant well.

"Hey Y/N we gotta get going to class. Lets go" Rei said as she gasped, "Something wrong?" I asked worried. She looked at me confused "Turn the other way and close your eyes. Please" I looked at her like she was crazy but decided to listen. When i did i felt her touch my ears "Do you feel anything?" She asked with a bit of fear in her voice. I did feel that she was touching them. Was she trying to pet them? Cause she was really bad at it. "Umm... Not much, it just feels like your poking them"

"I'm not poking them, i'm pinching them. At first i did it just to get your attention since you were just looking blankly at the ceiling but now i'm doing it to see if your ears are real. Are they?" She said as she continued to pinch them. I grabbed her hand "Yes my ears are real, but i don't feel it" I said as she looked at me somberly. "I heard that faunus's ears and tails are suppose to sensitive, but you don't seem to be in any pain. Or you're just really good at hiding it" Then she pulled one of my ears slightly before i grabbed her hand off my ear "Just cause i don't feel it, doesn't mean you can do it. Now let's get to class" I said as i rubbed my ears slightly, just cause i didn't feel pain from it. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt them...

We arrived to class and i went to sit down at my usual seat but saw a member of team CRDL standing by it. I never did care to learn there names but i knew their appearances. Annoying, rebel-like, and stupid. I heard chatter from outside and heard an annoyed voice say the name Ruby and decided to risk it "Excuse me" i said passively hoping he will just let me sit down. But when i did he yanked down my hood "Ah ah ah, you've been avoiding us freak" He said with a bitter tone while reaching for one of my ears. I swatted his hand away and his teammates obviously didn't like that. "What'd ya do that for? He's just trying to pet ya, freak. Don't animals love being pet?" One of them laughed, like i said i didn't care to learn there names. I was about to fight them until i looked over and saw Ruby with her friends looking at me. The one with the bow looked at me with sympathy while the white haired one ignored it and went to her seat. Yang seemed like she was trying to get a better look at me, so i had to rap things up quickly.

I tried to find an out when luckily, the teacher spoke up and told CRDL to leave me alone and for everyone to sit down. Thankfully for that or she might have noticed who i was. Not that i expect her to remember the person she and her father beat for fun. But you never know, maybe- no hopefully she started getting beat by her father. But i doubt it, always daddy's little girl. 

I sat in class for the rest of the day getting weird looks from Yang while her partner looked at me once during the class and i saw her eyes were full of sympathy still. Did she care? Or was she a faunus? I didn't care either way, a friend of Tai's daughters is no friend of mine. Once we got back to our dorm room my partner decided to speak to me while we tried studying. "Sooo Y/N that girl that was staring at you all day. Who is she?" She said in a joking flirtatious voice. Obviously she had no clue of my past so i let it slide.