Chapter 10

Ellie's POV:

"IS THIS YOUR HOUSE?" tanong nito saakin habang tinitignan ang bahay kung saan kami huminto.

"None of your shitty bussiness. I dont't need to thank you for thae ride, 'cause I just simply don't want to." Sabi ko at akmang bababa na nang hawakan niya ang pulsuhan ko.

"The next time na maglalayas ka, magdala ka ng payong. Nang hindi ka umaasa sa ibang tao, Tss." Sabi nito saka binitawan ang pulsuhan ko na kinina'y hawak niya.

"What effin ever." Sabi ko at iniwan siya aa kotse niya saka nagdoorbell sa gate nina Elisse.

Yes, hindi ako nagpahatid sa bahay namin. Bakit? Para saan pa? Para apihin na naman nila ako dun? I wasnt born to be like that.

Hindi ako pinanganak ni Mommy para lang saktan ng Daddy ko at painggitin ng pinsan ko. I am better than this. Than what I am today.

Maya maya pa'y may nagbukas ng gate, It was Elisse' Dad. He looks worried ans confused with maybe because how I look, 'cause I am soaking wet and maybe because he's wondering what am I doing here at this hour.

"Good Evening, Tito. Sorry po sa abala, pero can I stay here for the night?" I asked him and I thought he would say 'no' but I was wrong. He smiled at me.

"Ellie, why are you asking me? You are my daughter's only bestfriend, therefore you are like a daughter to me, anak." After he said those words, tears escaped from my eyes.

"Thank you, Tito... Thank you po talaga." Sabi ko at pinunasan ang luha ko.

My Dad never called me 'anak', he doesn't cares about me. He's always underestimating me and the most painful part of being her daughter is that...

He's the only one you have in your life that you expect to not to turn you down, yet he is the one who brings you down. That's the painful one.

Nandito na ako ngayon sa loob ng bahay nina Elisse. She's so lucky to have parents like she has.

Maya maya'y nakarinig ako nang yabag papalapit saakin and it was her looking so worried about me. I fakely smiled and she glared at me.

"Hoy, ikaw babae ka, don't you dare smile when you're about to break down, ha?" Sabi nito saka tinignan ako mula ulo't hanggang paa.

"I am not going to break down, Elisse." Sabi ko at muling ngumiti.

Pretending to be okay is my number one talent, but I don't know why I can't pretend in front if my Bestfriend --- maybe she knows me well, yes... She knows me more than I know myself.

"Ellie, stop pretending to be okay infront of me. I am your bestfriend. Even you laugh right now, I know you are dying inside." Umiling ako at ang hangal na luha ko ay binigo ako. Tumulo ito na parang bukas na gripo.

"No, Elisse. You have no idea on what I feel right now. Lisse, I am about to breakdown. I am about to collapse. I wanna escape this life, my life is a complete mess, Lisse. I don't want this life..." Sabi ko at humagulgol na parang bata na napalo sa Nanay dahil matigas ang ulo.

I've expected her to laugh at me, 'Cause we both know we hate dramas. Especially the corny-things, But I was wrong.

She hugs me and kisses my temple like I was so fragile and a precious one that she doesn't want to be scratched.

"Elisse, hindi ko na kaya." Hugulgol ko. Halos suminok na nga ako dahil sa iyak ko pero iniyak ko lang, linabas ko lang.

"Hush, Ellie. You are precious, your life is. You don't need to escape your struggles and your problems. You need to face them and show them that you are strong enough that even them can't destroy you." Sabi nito at humiwalay sa yakap at tinignan ako.

"Thank you, Elisse. You are the best and you're the only one I have right now." Sabi ko at yumakap sakanya.

"Eww, let's sleep--- oh no. Let's go change, Oh my gosh! Look at you, you're soaking wet and I hugged you? My gosh.... My gosh!" Here she is. My bestfriend is back. The real Elisse is back.

"Okay, okay. Let's go, Biatch." Sabi ko at humalakhak kasama siya papunta nang kwarto niya upang magpalit ng damit.

Having a bestfriend is the most precious thing. But how will you know if she's a real one or not? It's simple as one, two, three.

Well, base on my own experience, when she hate dramas and everything, but still listening to it and comforts you and will make you smile after.

That's one of the definition of a 'true friend' slash 'bestfriend'.

---
Thanks for reading ppl, I am enjoying writing this. I don't know why, I just do. Hehee hope you liked it.

Drop your comments, I am reading them all 😇