Chapter 2

Dawn's POV:

"What...what do you mean by we're going to college?", he asked Aunt Delia.

"Come ON! The 3 of you are 17! You'll be 18 in a few months. It's the perfect time to enroll yourselves in college. PLUS, there is a 100% fee waiver for ALL of you since you have excelled in your respective fields. Isn't that great?", Mom told/asked us.

"Can we get the fees as a refund instead of our admissions? At least mine?", Ash asked Aunt Delia who simply gave him a really?-kinda look. May and I groaned in response. The two of us had to place our performing careers on a hiatus due to this. What made it worse was that the Kalos Queen Serena would keep winning without having to blink her eye.

"Where is the college by the way?", Ash asked Aunt Delia petting Talonflame and Staraptor.

"It's in Kalos! It's the Kalos Institute of PokeTech!! Only the BEST college in the world!!", she stressed.

"May and I are gonna have a small contest, alright?", we told the others and excused ourselves. May was wise enough to keep up with me, and not spoil it like she always did.

Ash's POV:

"Is there a hostel in the college?", I asked Mum and she nodded her head.

"The college is in a low dense town called Vaniville Town. It's rather large but as per the description, it has only 4 occupants per 3 acres of land. So, along with the room, you'll get half an acre of land for your Pokemon to roam over", she told me, and suddenly my opinion about the college wasn't SO negative. It was negative however.

"Come here, you!!", Mom told me again engulfing me in one of her trademark hugs. Aunt Caroline and Aunt Johanna went outside to bet on May and Dawn while they were contesting.

"Ms. Ketchum! Please let me go! I confess!! I killed my twin sister! She slept with my boyfriend telling him that she was me! This place stinks so bad!", a woman sobbed from our hidden attic and I gave Mum a look causing her to fidget nervously.

"Surge pulled in another favour, Mum?", I asked her and she nodded her head smiling.

"You can take the girl out of the army, but you can't take the army out of the girl, tough boy", she told me ruffling my hair.

"I mean...I don't get it!! How difficult is to find a guy when his name has been identified? I thought PokeTech has evolved FAR better than this!!", Aunt Johanna came back into the house yelling at someone over the phone.

"Still haven't found him, huh?", Mom asked her and she just huffed throwing her phone on the couch. Aunt Johanna still had to hold on to the Berlitz surname as she had married some guy named Adam Berlitz in some drunken fling, and apparently that guy is the best player of hide and seek in the whole damn world.

"That's why you shouldn't drink, little sister", Mom teased her causing her to glare at Mom. Aunt Johanna HATED to be called the LITTLE SISTER.

"First of all...2 minutes younger to you! Second of all, I quit drinking when I found out that I was pregnant with Dawn! You're acting like I was high on crack cocaine. I'd just grow a bit tipsy", she defended and Mom snorted.

"Bit tipsy? Honey, you found out a completely new purpose for those big and thick candles Lynnie used to buy", Mom countered and it took me a few seconds to comprehend the hidden meaning. Aunt Johanna blushed to a beet red, possibly making a Fletchling run for its money.

"I know right! One time I saw you when you were utilising them. That scar is something which will NEVER fade away", Aunt Caroline countered suddenly coming back to the room.