Chapter 3

Ash's POV:

"WHAT? Not happy to see your best friend?", he asked me pouting like a kid and I simply rolled my eyes letting him inside. Looking at the room, he whistled.

"Sweet crib, dude", he told me throwing his bag on his bed.

"Leavanny, come inside", I told my Unovan Pokemon who came in looking at me confusedly.

"Girl, I want you to use String Shot smack in the middle of the room, and draw a line from the back door to the front door", I instructed her and she nodded her head.

"What are you doing?", Gary asked me.

"This is my zone, Oak Tree! No posters of naked girls on this side! I know how you roll, Gare Bear", I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Typical, Ashy boy! But fine! I will honour your request", he told me and I gave him a nod thanking him. Then we heard a knock on our door, and I went to open it.

The door was opened to the starstruck faces of May and Dawn, who stuffed the flyer into my face squealing and giggling.

"Ashy, WE GOTTA GO!! IT'S GONNA BE A BLAST!! It says it's a formal event, but thankfully, we've packed our clothes", May yelled jumping up and down as if on a sugar rush, while Dawn was doing the same. Gary sniggered from behind, but I don't blame him.

"Okay, okay! Stop making a scene! You're scaring Goodra", I told them bringing them inside while Goodra sighed in relief. He had a morbid fear of hyped up girls.

"We gotta dress up! Don't worry, cuz. We've brought our best clothes, but we don't have any make up", Dawn told me pouting while May was busy burning up hers and Uncle Norman's hard earned money in online PokeMart.

An hour later, when we received a ton of lipsticks, foundations, body lotions, perfumes, roll-on deodorants, nail polish and a bunch of things I didn't know which even EXISTED, May and Dawn left to get ready in 5 minutes, which actually meant that they were gonna spend the rest of the evening puffing their cheeks and doing other kind of stuff.

"50 PokeDollars say that I look better than you, blue-head!", May taunted and Dawn grinned.

"You're ON!", Dawn yelled and ran out with a handful of clothes.

"They are JUST like their mothers", I told Gary chuckling.

"What do you mean?", he asked me and I began to search my backpack, and finally found the 2 photographs I wanted Gary to see.

The first one was of me, May and Dawn when we were 5, at the beach. I was in the background filling my bucket with sand with Pichu on my head. Dawn had her left foot on May's face, and May was tugging at Dawn's hair. The two of them had plastic spades in their hands and were fighting next to destroyed sand castles.

The next photograph was a very old one. It was of Mum, Aunt Caroline and Aunt Johanna. The latter two were in the SAME position as May and Dawn, while Mum was presumably yelling at them.

"See what I mean?", I asked him and he nodded his head chuckling.

"Hey, Ashy boy! Who was the toughest champion you had faced?", Gary asked me changing the topic, while unpacking his stuff.

"Hands down, it would be Lance! After Lance, it would be Cynthia, for sure! The two of them were hard enough without Mega evolved Pokemon. I was only able to defeat 2 of Lance's Pokemon while I somehow took down 3 of Cynthia's. Alder was almost as tough as Cynthia, while Wallace and Diantha were strong in their own terms", I told him.

"I thought that Diantha had the strongest Pokemon", he countered.

"True, by paper! But Lance and Cynthia have the best battling techniques, Gary. They know when to attack, when to defend, when to sacrifice and especially, when to lure their opponents" I told him and he let out a low whistle.