Chapter 14

Ash's POV:

"What do you mean?", I hissed back to Serena who just sighed uncomfortably.

"I had seen Pierre practice before, and I must say, he was brilliant. I just presumed that he's be like those normal MCs in battles. But he is a PROFESSIONAL!", she told me looking wary.

"Blaziken, Beautifly, COME OUT!!", May yelled releasing her Pokemon. Blaziken yelled at the crowd stretching his muscles, and giving poses, while Beautifly was just flying around aimlessly.

May simply winked at Blaziken who gave her a thumbs-up, while Beautifly understood and sat on May's outstretched arm.

Beautifly concentrated hard and sent out two spheres filled with Stun Spores, and followed it up with Air Cutter sending the two spheres away from each other. Blaziken performed a High Jump Kick on one sphere, and used the momentum to reach the second one.

What surprised me, was that the two spheres began to glow, and were sent DIRECTLY towards May, who simply caught them and began to spin them on the tips of her fingers. A second later, the spheres began to act like firecrackers sending out sparks on their own. To accompany the spinning spheres, May spun around in the same direction, and suddenly, she threw them above.

Blaziken caught them and peeled them individually like oranges, and sent away whatever remained of the spheres, were sent towards Beautifly who simply shot a Hyper Beam at the remains shattering them, leaving behind a vibrant shade of red crackles which fell on May's back seeming like wings. Blaziken meanwhile, was spinning the peels like long ribbons, and set them on fire.

A few seconds later, he solidified them and straightened them which seemed like long javelins and placed them behind May in an X kind of shape.

May meanwhile, was dancing her brains out while Beautifly was coating the javelins with String Shot, and Blaziken got behind May pulling her up by her hips.

The next second, the javelins loosened and wrapped themselves around May who crossed her arms over her torso.

A second later, the cocoon began to glow, and melted revealing May with flaming wings, and Blaziken lifted her again. Then, she spread her arms wide open and Beautifly settled in front of her, and she held her pose signalling the end of her performance, and the timer perfectly stopped.

I was happy, and I might even say that I was PROUD that both Dawn and May utilised their given time without wasting a single second.

Personally I felt Dawn's was the better one, but May didn't lag behind. Dawn was always the better Performer, and May was the better battler of the two. The crowd meanwhile was screaming their hearts out while May waved back blowing kisses to the audience.

With a huge squeal, Dawn went and embraced May the second she came to our side, while Drew kissed her cheeks and pulled a rose out of nowhere causing her to blush cupping her own cheeks.

"I think you've got this in the bag, June", Drew told her and she glared at him for calling her by the J- word, but at the same time, she was blushing from his compliment.

"I mean....Pierre doesn't seem like he's a full PACKAGE, you know?", Dawn asked us, but Serena's past comments about his "expertise" made me HIGHLY uncomfortable, and she didn't make me feel better by licking her lips repeatedly...something she does only when she's nervous or agitated.

"Just don't get overconfident, Miss Brunette. Something just doesn't feel right", Gary told her and I nodded my head in approval.

A minute later, Monsieur Pierre walked in with his Meowstic and Klefki by his side, all 3 of them smirking confidently.