Chapter 28

Ash's POV:

My vision suddenly shifted back to Ashlyn's point of view, just like how it did, when I came to know of her existence. Her whole life was playing itself, but I was just the forced spectator for the whole time.

In Sync

During the first memory, I was just a bundle of energy, running around here and there, until I hid behind a bush, trying to see a guy, until a Pichu popped in front of my eyes, causing me to shriek and fall on my back screeching in shock. Suddenly, it picked up a small red coloured ball with its tiny hands, and looked up at me.

"Chu?", it asked, tilting it's head cutely, and suddenly, it ran back chirping happily, and jumped into the arms of ME! Ash Ketchum! "Ash" just scrunched his eyebrows, gave me a small grin before running away yelling something.

"Can I play with him?", I asked Red, who just shook his head and dragged me away dragging me away by my wrist.

"But daddy, he's my brother", I argued pouting, and he shushed me.

"Don't talk! Didn't I tell you that if you talk, you'll go to heaven quickly? Your lungs are weak, honey. If you talk, you'll get hurt", he told me but I just stared at him blankly causing him to sigh.

"You asked me to show you who your brother is, and I did. Now get going", he snapped and I whined, and turned back to look at "Ash" playing with Pichu, a Starly and a Fletching, giggling hysterically, while a tingling feeling of pure warmth filled my chest.

Suddenly, the time shifted forward to the day I had to officially register myself as a Pokemon trainer, along with Ashlyn, and the world shifted back to her sight.

"We'll take the world by storm, Pikachu", "Ash" told his first ever Pokemon showing the electric type his personal Pokedex, and the Pokemon's eyes were filled with mirth, and I giggled looking at the interaction between him and Pikachu, while I blankly stared at my own Pokedex, and my Kalosian starter, my Chespin, was more focused on trying out the new varieties of Kantonian berries rather than helping me out on my journey.

"PI PIKACHU!!", his first ever Pokemon yelled holding the victory symbol with its tiny fingers and "Ash" did the same.

The memory stopped abruptly, but within a jiffy, I began to see a third memory. This time, it was of the first time we had faced each other in battle. "Ash" was on his knees, while I just smirked and threw two knives right in front of him, before walking back the way I had come to my side of the battle. The expression on my face didn't meet the one in my heart. The second I was alone, I dropped down to my knees and sobbed as hard as I could.

"I'm sorry, Ash", I said and continued to sob for a long time.

The memory began to shift once more, and this time, it shifted towards me walking towards Ash's wounded Pokemon with a small dish in my hands containing something which looked like custard.

I slowly applied the custard like thing on the wounds of the Pokemon, and the medicine began to show its effect immediately. After finishing my job off, I slipped outside as silently as I had arrived, and the memory began to grow cloudy, signalling that it was getting over soon.

The next memory was of the day Dawn was flying that bombed helicopter into the headquarters of Red. I was inside hacking into the system, and I uploaded a virus which had corrupted all of the important documents and files. Suddenly, there was a lot of commotion outside, and I quickly disconnected the pen drive, cursing my bad luck for not being able to completely corrupt them so that they could become irrecoverable, and was about to run away, until I saw a helicopter whizzing into the room. I noticed that it was fixed with bombs and a small smile crept up in my face as I shot the helicopter from a safe distance, blowing the headquarters completely, and finishing off the task that I had intended to do.