Chapter 23

Ash's POV:

Gary, Drew and I were hiding inside our closets when the grunts started to frisk the girls, searching for 'female vandals who had disrupted normalcy at KIP'. An hour or so later, when the girls came back, we came out to the common area which unites the girls' dorm and ours.

"We can bust Lance out, just like Serena had said, but how do we do it? The prison opens ONLY with a Retina scan and a Fingerprint access. After this, the door of a cell can be opened ONLY by a one time password that is received by the grunt on his way to the prison on his personal PokeTab", Drew huffed and began to stretch.

"Can we run away, instead? It seems like the easier alternative", May drawled and Dawn just snorted.

"Oh, really? Make way for the one woman army who can cross the 3 kilometre stretch all alone", she mocked clapping her hands.

"Well, Ashy boy did copy a fingerprint using Greninja, and we've got a PokeTab. So only the Retina creates a problem", Gary said but I wasn't too happy with the plan.

"What if all the three are supposed to be of the same grunt's?", I asked him, but Serena began to whistle pointing towards a downed female grunt locked in her closet.

"I guess, it's covered?", she asked me victoriously and I nodded my head, clearly impressed.

"While May and Dawn were fighting, no surprise there, this lady came in and saw both of your wigs, which were being used as weapons of warfare. So, I grabbed one of your Pokeballs and an Emboar came out. It punched her head for some apparent reason, and she fainted", Serena explained shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, Emboar has had bad experiences with grunts of these teams. May would know about it, we travelled together in Unova", I told her looking at May for confirmation, but she was busy stuffing her face with Serena's macaroons.

"Really? I saved that for Ash!", Serena accused her but May waved it away stuffing two more.

"You woof be ftuffing hid fafe like a fafy in fe fufure, wight? Deef wif fis for fow", May drawled with food in her mouth, and I rolled my eyes. Serena stomped towards May and snatched the box from her hands causing her to pout.

"Funny, you don't seem to raid my Poffins like that?", Dawn asked her slitting her eyes and May gulped down the load she had taken in.

"Cause I remember once when you had added salt to your Poffins instead of sugar, and I had accidentally stuffed my plate with them. I'm not even gonna tell you about how much I had barfed that day!", May countered, and Dawn blushed. Gary rolled his eyes and stepped in front of my cousins and pressed his hands to their mouths.

"Alright, SHUT IT! Which one of you girls is willing to go out there, huh?", he asked and the three of them remained silent.

"It's just that...what if...what if we screw up?", May asked me but Drew already had an answer.

"If you don't do ANYTHING, we're MEGA-screwed, so I ask in place of Gary. Who is willing to go? We guys cannot go as one female grunt will run her hands through your hair and stuff, so if we go, our wig will fall off", Drew said and May slowly raised her hand.

"I'll go", she squeaked and Drew nodded his head with a smile, but he too was wary of his girlfriend going through a HIGHLY secured prison.

"Hey cuz, we'll be with you the WHOLE time, okay? Trust me", I told her gripping her shoulders and she gave me a confused look.

Sceptile came in front of her and merged with his surroundings, making him invisible to the normal eye.

"If something goes wrong, Sceptile will be there to save you. When you release Lance, he'll reveal himself, and give you the time to make your escape. I know Lance. He would have at least one Pokeball hidden in his body, so don't worry when Sceptile leaves you", I told her and she hugged me tightly thanking me.