All That We Are Is Busy

Baz

Simon is bored out of his mind. He and Micah both are. I feel terrible about it, and I want desperately to make it up to him. To hold him in my arms and kiss him senseless and run my hands over that smooth golden skin by way of an apology. But we're both so exhausted we fall asleep as soon as we get into bed every night.

His magic is unfathomable. There are things he can't do, but really, the magic that fails him is magic that nobody should possess. I always check to make sure I'm not hurting him with all of this endless magic practise, but he says he's fine. I believe him; his eyes and skin don't glow, his movements don't grow sluggish and disjointed, he remembers his own name. Occasionally little golden sparks crackle between his fingertips, but I don't worry about them. That happens even when he isn't doing magic-- all it takes is emotion for those sizzles of golden electricity to snap and pop about his hands.

In the rare moments when we're apart and I'm not busy helping Bunce plan, I start working on making Simon a wedding present. I think he's going to like it-- hopefully it makes up for all the time I'm not spending with him.

Most of all I hope he's not mad at me. Because good God, I'm in love with Simon Snow.

--------------------

Author's note:

Hello, lovely readers!

Just a quick shameless self-promo: I've just started writing a story called "Highfoot" that you guys should check out! It's about a gay fae (or elf, as humans call him to piss him off) named Ashburn Highfoot who's been disowned by his own kind for falling in love with a Human. When a stranger in a bar asks him for a favor, Ash finds himself roped into going on a wild journey across his world. The quest turns into something much larger than anyone could've expected, and Ash and his companions meet many friends and enemies along the way. The story takes place on earth, hundreds of years after a nuclear fallout. Creatures like the Fae and Dwarves and more have evolved and/or mutated to survive the radiation-filled world. On his quest, Ash eventually learns to love himself again, and falls in love in the process. It's only three chapters long so far, but there's a lot in store for Ash's story!

Yours,

-Lefty